Print Thread
#241963 05/06/13 06:16 PM
M
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
M
Hi

Not sure if this is any bug,problem or what sow ever but mIRC is freezing when connecting to a server, receiving the MOTD and i did noted as well when someone join a channel (but in this case the freeze is sow fast that i almost missed it).
When talking with other's about this in a mIRC help channel someone advise to turn off the UPnP off. After turning all 4 options the problem was fix. Them to test where exactly might be the problem i did turn on one by one and this is something to do with the "Identd Server" option under UPnp.

Sow to conclude ... When i turn on the "Identd server" box on my computer freeze when connecting to a server, receiving the MOTD or when someone join's a channel...

Is this a bug/problem or is it working has suppose ?

Note:I did test this as well in the 7.25 version and the same thing happen.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is very likely related to UPnP which is enabled by default in mIRC. Some routers handle UPnP in a way that may cause an application to pause while the router is replying. Unfortunately the only solution to get around this pause, at least currently, would be to disable UPnP. However, this might prevent a number of features from working correctly, such as the Identd server, DCC transfers, and so on.

M
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
M
Hi

Thanks for the reply.
Can you explain to me what is the ident server for ? What does he identify ?

Thanks in advance

Link Copied to Clipboard