Print Thread
#241918 03/06/13 02:36 PM
T
Tricky1 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Hi , I was wondering if anyone knows what`s happened to all the Undernet servers on IRC as i`ve been trying to connect for about 4 days now without success , have they all been closed down or something as i can find no mention anywhere if they have?

Many thanks in anticipation

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you are unable to connect to any servers on an IRC network, it may be that the IRC network is experiencing problems in which case you would need to contact the administrators of that IRC network to ask for help.

The Undernet IRC network has a website and a forum on that website where you can ask questions. Perhaps someone there may have a better idea.

The only Undernet server I am able to connect to is the one in Los Angeles, using the command /server LosAngeles.CA.US.Undernet.Org but that may or may not work for you.

Khaled #241943 04/06/13 03:20 PM
E
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
E
thank you

Khaled #241944 04/06/13 04:23 PM
T
Tricky1 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Hi Khaled,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and advice ,however i`m still unable to connect to any Undernet servers even the Los Angeles one you mentioned.
I`ve tried using Mirc and also with (dare i mention it ?)...Chatzilla but still cannot connect, i`ve also taken a look at the Undernet site you mentioned but to be honest it looks virtually dead there , but if i have no luck connecting soon then i will post in the forum just in case there is still life there.
For now though, once again , many thanks.

R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
I've been having the same problems with Undernet for three days but after leaving it re-trying on the Random US server choice for ages, I've finally been able to connect to the LosAngeles.CA.US.Undernet.Org server.

Thank you for the help.

M
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
M
I'm having the same problems.

Can't connect to any undernet servers, but can connect to other networks servers.

It's been like this for about a month now. If I use a web based client such as http://www.mibbit.com/ I can connect fine.

I've tried a fully clean install of mIRC, and it's still the same.

Any suggestions?

Mike83 #242089 16/06/13 02:22 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Look at the drop of users on Undernet: http://searchirc.com/network/Undernet,monthly

They obviously have a problem, it's unrelated to mirc.

Link Copied to Clipboard