mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Donks Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
I was just wondering if there was a way to detect or find out if someone is using an Auto Fserve Downloader?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I assume you mean a program that isn't a chat client but is just a program designed to get stuff off fserves? The answer is "maybe". You can do a /ctcp version on the user and check the version reply. Some make it clear what they are, for example a downloader called "Bottler" clearly mentions that it is Bottler in its version reply. However others don't. Another program called "Blotter" will respond with an mIRC version reply if you /ctcp version it.

The only other thing I can think of is do something like send them a message like "If you are a real person, respond to this message" and if they don't... then assume it is some kinda downloading program.

D
Donks Offline OP
OP Offline
D
By using the /CTCP Version on the person....I was able to identify people using the Auto Downloaders. Thank You for the help! It responded with the version of Downloader it was using. Now if only there was a way to scan a whole channel for them it would be easier...lol.
Thank You!!!

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Code:

;Syntax in the scaned channel type /ScanChan <interval in seconds>
Alias ScanChan {
  var %i = 1
  var %ctcpinterval = $1
  :Scan
  var %CurNick = $nick($active,%i)

If (%CurNick = $me) { var %Scade = %ctcpinterval | inc %i | Goto Scan }
  .timerCtcp $+ %CurNick 1 $calc(%ctcpinterval * %i - %Scade ) echo %CurNick 
  If (%i = $nick($active,0)) { echo 4 -a You must wait $duration($calc(%ctcpinterval * %i - %Scade)) | .TimerCtcpFinish 1 $calc(%ctcpinterval * %i - %Scade) echo 4 -a I just finish VersionScanne of %i nicks ! | halt }  
  inc %i
  Goto Scan
}

I hope this alias help you ..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!

Link Copied to Clipboard