Print Thread
#241078 18/03/13 11:35 AM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I working on a logviewer, and i was wondering what a good logviewer needs? So far i have this functions.

channel log and query log seperated in a dialog.
a search for logfile names.
a search for words/sentenses inside logfiles.
A function to edit logfiles.
and you can delete logfiles true the dialog.

Anything else that should be added? I dont have any ideas left so thats why i asking. Thnx.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
sparta #241083 18/03/13 04:12 PM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Just keep in mind, you can separate log files based upon network so your routines will need to determine if there are sub-directories under the logfile root directory.

I personally like the idea of striping out colors when i view log files, makes it easier on the eyes to read them.

Also, lots of users separate log files on a day basis, a option to combine files to make it easier to read a full history would be a nice addition.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
sparta #241084 18/03/13 05:59 PM
T
TRT Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Make sure it has good sorting capabilities.

That kind of addon has been done so many times though, you will have to add quite a lot if you want it to stand out.

TRT #241087 18/03/13 08:26 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I dont need to "stand out", it is for my script, and i only made it cos i think the built in one suck. smile Maybe Khaled decide to make one bether, but untill then :P

Thnx for the ideas, now i got somthing more to work with smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard