mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#240375 27/01/13 03:43 PM
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Hello,

I am using a BNC to connect to a server when i have into my mIRC settings "Hide ping pong event" enabled the PONG event is still displaying me into the Status Window, I don't know if the problem is from the BNC but it still be annoying, and i am not sure if the "Hide ping pong event" in the settings is for this, this executing automatically with not any typed command from me.

> DEBUG <
-> darkness.chatnet.gr PING :TIMEOUTCHECK
<- :darkness.chatnet.gr PONG darkness.chatnet.gr :westor
-> darkness.chatnet.gr PING :TIMEOUTCHECK
<- :darkness.chatnet.gr PONG darkness.chatnet.gr :westor

> STATUS WINDOW <
[17:33:04] * PONG from darkness.chatnet.gr: westor

- Thanks!

Last edited by westor; 27/01/13 03:45 PM.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is because you are sending PING TIMEOUTCHECK to the server, which is scripted and not mIRC's normal method.
Therefore the PONG reply is shown. You'll need to hide it with an on PONG event.

W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
Originally Posted By: 5618
This is because you are sending PING TIMEOUTCHECK to the server, which is scripted and not mIRC's normal method.
Therefore the PONG reply is shown. You'll need to hide it with an on PONG event.

Actually mIRC sends a time-out-check on behalf of the user when it does not receive a PING request from a server for some period of time (Which was actually slightly modified in version 7.19) in order to reduce 10053 disconnects as well as to detect when you've been pinged timeout.

The BNC should be sending a ping to IRC client. This does not appear to be the case in his situation for whatever reason.

Last edited by Wiz126; 27/01/13 05:54 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard