mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#240331 22/01/13 07:33 AM
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
I have a reason ( which I will not disclose) to have a script for automation of my username oping someone.. I was thinking something simple like..

on1:text opme set +o username

I am really.. really rusty... on mirc scripting.. So can someone help me with this script?

A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
Someone as in anyone or only someone specific?

Code:
on *:text:opme:#:mode # +o $nick

See /help on text and also /help /aop.

C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
It's one particular person... Who refuses to register their nick.. So Aop is not exactly an option.. So I figured I would just script in something so they could just type /opme or something like that and I would op them even if I am not at the pc. I am thinking now that maybe I would prefer it to work if they /notice me... or msg me.. but for right now I have a simple..
Code:
on 1:TEXT:opmael:#:{ mode $chan +o $nick }
which is working.. but I was thinking that for security measurs.. ( so no one could just come in and say the word and get opped.. I might make it so only in a notice to me... or a variable added on 1 if username= maelwys or maelafk then +o elseif null...

did any of that make sense?

Last edited by Christion; 23/01/13 02:11 AM.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
From the security point of view, no. Not the check for a username - as everyone can switch to that unregistered name.
Registered nicknames and network services will prevent possible abuse, and even there you have the potential of insecure passwords and the like.
If you want to incorporate it anyway, look up "if then else conditions" and "on notice" in the helpfile.

Sidenote: While it's questionable to entrust op rights to a person that is either unable or too lazy to register its nickname, the automation of that process, opening a huge abuse vector, sounds asinine to me.

A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
Originally Posted By: Christion
It's one particular person... Who refuses to register their nick.. So Aop is not exactly an option..

mIRC's Auto-Op feature, not ChanServ's AOP access.

Quote:
If a user joins a channel where you have Ops and that user's address is listed in the auto-op list, they will be given Op status.

See /help Control

Last edited by asdfasdf; 23/01/13 05:47 PM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You know a host can be spoofed, and that way a "bad" person get oped instead of your friend, if he dont register, then dont give that person op.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Thanks for all the help guys.. I really appreciate it.

Link Copied to Clipboard