mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
coda2 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
When I have mIRC open, I absolutely have to minimize it to get to /anything/ else. I cannot click on my web browser from the list on the bar of my PC and open it. If I click on Skype or anything else, they won't turn active unless I minimize mIRC first. Using "alt+tab" doesn't work either, mIRC just has to be stubborn. mIRC is forcing itself to stay active constantly... how can I fix this? >_<

Last edited by coda2; 21/11/12 06:28 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Right-click the mIRC title bar and uncheck 'On Top'.

C
coda2 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
...wow... that is fail. Why is that on there but not in the options list?!?!
I scanned every possible setting and option for that and found nothing... but, thanks. <,<;

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yeah, you'd at least expect the same option in the View menu.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Did you not enable this feature yourself? The official version of mIRC, distributed on the mIRC website, does not have this feature enabled by default. This option can only be enabled in two places: in the mIRC Options/Display/Windows dialog or by using the System menu as described above. It can also be changed by scripts that modify the mirc.ini directly.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If an option is already available in a dialog, I usually try not to duplicate that option somewhere else, although there are probably a few exceptions. It can be difficult deciding what to add and what to leave out from the main menus. There are many options that could potentially be added to the View menu, duplicating options that are already in dialogs, however my feeling is that this would make the View menu more complicated than necessary.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
What about adding a new icon to the toolbar which could visually indicate if mIRC is on top or not, and let you toggle that state?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm not a big fan of adding more icons to the toolbar. And apps with an On Top setting tend to put the setting in the same place mIRC has it, though that isn't always the case. But it's still common enough that I think it's fine as-is. That being said, I do think it would make sense to have it in the View menu as well.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
L
hello again. just posted about this, searched onder the context of always on top, didnt find anything.

glad i continued to look around the forums waiting for an answer.

i never purposely hit the feature and finding out its a 2 click option to set makes it even weirder but thats for the info as to where to fix it because i looked all over but never clicked or thought to click on title bar and also it being a "standard thing on most programs may be valid to think about but i have never used and other irc program, so putting under the view tab might be a good idea.

Link Copied to Clipboard