mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#238624 13/08/12 10:58 AM
J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
Now I'm not suggesting we add more colors to show via ctrl+k style... but I would like to be able to customize mirc more.

Like, when you click on the crayon, you can customize what colors look like and what line this or that color ends up.

I'd like some bonus colors. Maybe not another full 16 but let's say you want to make user nicks a special color, or some other event a special color, WITHOUT editing the primary 16 mirc colors for chat.

It'd be purely for asthetics but I'd like that, really.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
This has been suggested numerous times (extra colors) and was discussed in depth not too long ago. You'd need to expand more on "you can customize what colors look like and what line this or that color ends up."

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There have been a wide range of suggestions for how to add more color support and you can find what others have suggested if you search this forum. Any of the suggestions would require a fair amount of work and doing something only part-way such as adding a few extra local colors really wouldn't be the best way to handle it. If more colors are going to be added, it would be far better to do it right and provide a decent number of colors or options to use RGB or something else. Otherwise you end up with basically what you have now, but with a few extra colors instead of providing the ability to truly customize your colors as much as you want.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
There have been a wide range of suggestions for how to add more color support and you can find what others have suggested if you search this forum. Any of the suggestions would require a fair amount of work and doing something only part-way such as adding a few extra local colors really wouldn't be the best way to handle it. If more colors are going to be added, it would be far better to do it right and provide a decent number of colors or options to use RGB or something else. Otherwise you end up with basically what you have now, but with a few extra colors instead of providing the ability to truly customize your colors as much as you want.

The original color specification had more colors. But mIRC ignored it and used the EGA palette instead. OOPs. I don't think mIRC will ever see more colors.

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!

Link Copied to Clipboard