mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I'm using 7.25 and whenever I click a link to open, its not using the default browser. In my case it should be Chrome. However it's opening Internet Explorer everytime. Is this a known issue?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Type the following in mIRC and copy the results here:

//echo -a $version $os $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $dll(0) $script(0) $com(0)

If you get a message about $dll() or $com() being locked, remove those identifiers from the line and try again (but please mention if that happened).

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
That command could be edited to handle that case:

//echo -a $version $os $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $iif(!$lock(dll),$dll(0),disabled) $script(0) $iif(!$lock(com),$com(0),disabled)

Last edited by Wims; 31/07/12 10:12 PM. Reason: added the disabled parameter to avoid confusion

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Originally Posted By: argv0
Type the following in mIRC and copy the results here:

//echo -a $version $os $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $dll(0) $script(0) $com(0)

If you get a message about $dll() or $com() being locked, remove those identifiers from the line and try again (but please mention if that happened).

7.25 7 cfd7965dd048060f4dfbd49cf5a8a16b ok 0 1 0

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Go to Chrome and make sure it's set as your default browser. If it is, set IE to your default browser, and then reset chrome to being the default again, it could be Windows got confused.

If you go to Start -> Run and type in a URL like http://mirc.com, does it load in IE or Chrome?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
It's working now. I made IE my default then went back to Chrome and made it my default. Now it's opening the links in Chrome.

Thanks for the help!

Link Copied to Clipboard