mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
[14:48:35] * blabla (starclaws@four.twenty) Quit (Ping timeout)

This is a guy who I just saw. How do I get that random stuff after @ ? Can I do it?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
That's not random. Depending on the network it may be masked address you can ask for from admins or it may be a bnc, or both. You should ask on the appropriate help channels in the network.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Just wanted to add, BNC cost money to use, and they often running from a linux computer, i dont belive any irc-network will give you one, but some network let you mask your hostmask, and they often tell you that on the www page for that network, or in the motd that the server send to you. "/motd" in mirc (without the ")

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Originally Posted By: sparta
Just wanted to add, BNC cost money to use, and they often running from a linux computer, i dont belive any irc-network will give you one, but some network let you mask your hostmask, and they often tell you that on the www page for that network, or in the motd that the server send to you. "/motd" in mirc (without the ")

Not entirely true. Some bnc's are free for the users (Google "trekweb bnc" and "freebnc" (they use znc) I use them for two different networks). Very very few networks host bnc's on their servers for users to use. (I use one for a specific network).

--

You can look into doing "rDNS" some people do it. I don't think home ISPs would do it. How you do it, I have no clue.

Link Copied to Clipboard