mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Variables will occasionally flush to disk. But if you want to keep things in memory for longer, you can use hash tables.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
P
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
argv0, you mean that global variables can flush to disk (via vars.ini), not local ones, right?

hixxy - Short of an ideal workaround (somehow just forcing "" into a %variable), this is the best I've seen so far -- especially $cr or $lf as opposed to $crlf (since we're talking single character substitution here). Substitution is much easier to adapt existing code to, vs. solutions that insert additional characters which your length checking and matching and assorted complex regexps recipes must be made to ignore. Thanks! One problem I did notice off the bat: global variables with $cr or $lf get truncated at the $cr or $lf itself by mIRC when it restarts (vars.ini = text file = you can't have linefeeds inside a line). However, I'm mostly concerned with local variables in my case, so that's no problem.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
pishposh, yes, global variables only. For local vars it's a different story, but hash tables can still do this for you.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard