mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#237499 09/05/12 03:37 PM
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Hi guy's don't know if anyone would know this question but,I cast my shows on justin.tv and i know there are others that have custom badges for people in there chat rooms not the ones that jtv gives out or they offer to give them one for joining there channel,my question is are they going through MIRC or is this some type of add-on or extension through google chrome kinda like dohirty.com but there's don't work.if anyone knows how to go about this please let me know thank's.
By the way it does not remove it off there site jtv you must have chrome or firefox to see it ??? if yo use explore you will see the jtv original badge.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
If you're talking about icons you see on justin.tv's website, those are badges being displayed only on justin.tv's website. They have nothing to do with IRC. To be clear, there is no way to stream images across the server using the IRC protocol (at least not images more than ~500bytes in size, which is extremely small). If you see *any* kind of image in an IRC client, be it mIRC or justin.tv's web client, it is an image that is being displayed only on your client (and other clients that can interpret some shortcode).

And if it's not going through IRC, then it's out of scope for this forum. You should ask on justin.tv's support site / forums.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #237504 10/05/12 04:12 PM
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: argv0
And if it's not going through IRC, then it's out of scope for this forum. You should ask on justin.tv's support site / forums.

Justin.TV's live chat applet uses IRC, although this is almost entirely hidden from the user.

However, it doesn't change the fact that the emoticons or whatever you want to call them don't actually transmit through IRC. Those are built into the flash applet itself.

drum #237506 10/05/12 04:49 PM
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Thanks guys for your reply i use irc all the time but that's not what i was referring to lets see if i can do it a different way:

http://www.dohirty.tv/i/w/h.png
in the image above you will see a gif or jpeg in front of the names in the chat room
on justin.tv although justin tv gives badges to go in front of the name like procaster,producer and so on there is no upload for custom badges i have one already for my name which dohirty did for me but those guys are very hard to get a hold of and i was wondering how they put it up for me, to change mine there is no upload for justin.tv for this...so are they using code in the chat to put it up or if it was going through irc to be put up its not a Emoticons there calling it bling now, although they have a place on there site to create but thats been down for months and there emails are not coming back to me it has nothing to do with justin.tv because if you use internet explore you will still see the justin.tv procaster badge but if you use chrome or firefox you will see the custom badge hmmm i know its off topic but with guys that know how to script i figured someone would know how they put it up to be changed. I know allot of you guys are not programmers but more then one mind might break the code lol, once again thanks for the help!! and if anyone can figure it out i would be grateful.

Last edited by worldwide7477; 10/05/12 05:33 PM.
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: worldwide7477
it has nothing to do with justin.tv because if you use internet explore you will still see the justin.tv procaster badge but if you use chrome or firefox you will see the custom badge

No, it has everything to do with Justin.TV. I can't explain why you get different behavior with different browsers; ask Justin.TV.

This has absolutely nothing to do with IRC or mIRC.

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
They (justin.tv) are using some sort of flash feature/function for the images/badges in front of the names.

KindOne #237511 10/05/12 06:52 PM
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Thanks drum and kind one yes it is a flash of some sort but jtv does not put it up i have asked them and they told me we only support our badges grrrr.

drum #237515 11/05/12 07:56 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Originally Posted By: drum
Justin.TV's live chat applet uses IRC, although this is almost entirely hidden from the user.

I'm aware of that. If you had read the previous sentences, "it" was referring to the image data, not the entire connection.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard