Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
#226 12/01/04 04:34 AM
O
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
O
Hi Para,

Localinfo-u shows my right IP. I have tried entering my IP manually but to do avail. I dont know what my host is so I can't enter that manually. Could it be the host issues ?
I have tried most (but not all) of the suggestions to no success. I don;t know how to use scripts in mirc so haven't tried that option yet.
I dont have a router or firewall and my connection is ADSL and I have a static IP. I use Win ME. I am able to FTP and send via MSN.
The receive seems to get a window saying I am trying to send on port 1370 but never receives the file. I would gladly pay someone to solve my problem for me.
Any other suggestions. frown

#227 29/01/04 12:09 PM
Z
zfr Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
Ozzielee

If you are on an ADSL connection /localinfo -u and -h should get different IP addresses in almost all cases. Because most ADSL modems are in fact special purpose routers, that are conncted to your PC through a LAN connection. And some of them are highly configurable. Maybe something is wrong about the settings of your modem, then refer to its manual or contact the manufacturer for more info.

Which IRC network are you connecting to? Have you tried /dcc sending on other networks to other persons? Please try doing it on a network that doesn't mask your IP/hostname. The receiving user should see a line like this:

Ozzielee DCC Send file.jpg (You IP here)

ask him/her to copy/paste that line to you and compare it to your IP to see if it is correct.

And finally, (although this rarely happens), some ISPs force their users to connect to internet through a proxy and assign the same IP address to multiple users. It has been reported that those users are having difficulties sending files through dcc while they can receive files without a problem.

Good luck.

#228 19/02/04 03:15 AM
A
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
A
Thankyou very much. I think that the IP # is incorrect that I have been entering--there is another mIrcnewuser page that lays out the very same steps in ur first reference in ur
message to me (those r the 15 steps tutorial--firewall --set dcc --etc that i mentioned)--i will proceed with the recommendations that u outline--take care--i appreciaate ur time and effort

#229 05/03/04 01:13 AM
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
I seem to have done everything listed in this thread, including port fowarding, checking dns, etc. I can't get from irc, so
I tried sending a file to myself as a simple test.

The send window pops up, and says "sending request." The get window pops up and says "accepting send" then "connection refused." Send window reports "awaiting reply"

Any suggestions?

#230 28/03/04 07:10 PM
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
I have just tried using the windows XP firewall mIRC tutorials but they are way out dated because mIRC no longer has options like that in DCC > Options how can i get mIRC to work in the newer versions?

#231 28/03/04 07:16 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The port options that were in mIRC Options -> DCC -> Options are now in mIRC Options -> Connect -> Options -> Advanced... (button).

#232 04/04/04 11:31 PM
L
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
L
Hi, I have optimum online and I have a problem. I can't connect to anyone on mirc with the ports they set. For example, To access an fserve with a specific firewall port I need to enable. I do the command /dccserver +sc on 59(or whatever it might be for that server) and I still cant connect, this problem is with anything that has a router or firewall port I need to access. This is the error I get on Mirc.
DCC Chat session
Client: littlehuntertakescover (130.71.51.152)
Time: Sun Apr 04 17:42:47 2004
Acknowledging chat request...
DCC Chat connection established
DCC session closed
.:5·42·pm:. -littlehuntertakescover- Server Notice: This server is using an alternate server method, please make sure your DCC Server is active and set to port 59. /dccserver +sc on 59. This is a mIRC command.

Mind you this is not an isolated problem, I have it with every fserve with a firewall. I am not using a router. And I am not using a firewall. Can anyone help me. BTW I have Windows XP, and I've disabled the firewall. PLEASE HELP! Thanks Alot.

#233 04/04/04 11:45 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It's best not to cross post as it causes confusion, irritation and of course it's not necessary - all posts/threads are read by at least one helper, and 99% of posts get answered smile

I answered your post here. I suggest anyone else reading this thread in the future that has problems with DCC Server also read my post there before posting in this thread or elsewhere smile

If you have further issues, post in your thread LibreMan!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#234 07/04/04 08:29 PM
W
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
W
I am in the same position as some other users. I connect to the internet via ADSL and a router. My ports are forwarded to the router, and I could send/receive DCCs perfectly until I upgraded the version of mIRC I used. Under mIRC 6.12 and 6.14 I cannot send - or others cannot receive from me. Likewise, I could not receive from 6.12 users when I had 6.0X.

My IP addresses show correctly when I type the /localhost commands.

What happens when I try to send is that, instead of a dialogue box popping up which the recipient can click on to receive, there is a sound and in the status window a line like this appears:

-Wendymr- DCC Send Breaking Up Is Hard To Do.txt (IP deleted)

Any suggestions? I have read through this entire thread and tried those suggested that I could understand, including clearing out the IP details from the localhost box - mIRC then fills them in again.

Thank you!

Wendymr

Edit: Reverting to mIRC 6.03 solved this problem for me, and for several other mIRC users I'm currently on channel with. All of us are now able to send again, and others are able to receive DCC from us where before they couldn't if we were using 6.12 and 6.14. Anyone else with a similar problem - see if you can get v6.03 from somewhere. It works, even if later versions don't!

Last edited by Wendymr; 07/04/04 08:52 PM.
#235 07/04/04 10:03 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"Anyone else with a similar problem - see if you can get v6.03 from somewhere. It works, even if later versions don't!"

I think it's unfair of you to advertise downgrading and making it sound like some wonderful new program heh. v6.03 contains bugs and has less features, as well as being susceptible to a DCC exploit (unless you want to ignore all DCCs which defeats the object of receiving anyway).

Let's also not forget that MANY people have absolutely NO problem with DCC sending or receiving in mIRC 6.14 (me being an example), and those that do often get their issues sorted with help from this board (without having to downgrade). By telling people to downgrade, you undermine our efforts. Downgrading will also cause much more difficulty in getting help due to people automatically assuming users have the latest version - help channels will often simply tell a user to upgrade to 6.14 rather than to help them with an older version.

Therefore, I don't think it's particularly constructive to tell people who have DCC issues to downgrade smile

To people who DO have an issue with DCC in 6.14:
use the Forum Search feature to see if your problem has been covered before. Expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' and use appropriate search terms. Make sure you read all of this thread too as it contains just about every suggestion possible. If you can't find anything, post a new thread in the appropriate forum (or post in this thread) including your mIRC version, operating system (i.e. Windows 95/98/XP/ME etc), what error message(s) you're receiving, any settings you've changed recently and anything else you think is relevant.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#236 07/04/04 10:06 PM
W
W
Hey, if downgrading is the only solution, then it's the only solution!

I have tried all the options suggested here and in the #mIRC channel. Nothing worked. And since my mIRC always worked perfectly under 6.03, and it now works perfecltly again under 6.03, that says something to me.

As for security problems under 6.03, I have a firewall and other internet security devices.

#237 07/04/04 10:39 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I am glad you got your issue sorted smile - However, recommending that to every other browser of this thread is not needed.

Oh, and the DCC exploit affecting 6.03 cannot be blocked by firewalls or any other security devices, it is purely an internal problem with mIRC. The code to exploit people is easily obtainable by anyone on IRC who knows more than half a dozen people and so you're at risk unless you have DCCs on ignore. Otherwise, you may face having your mIRC crashed on a regular basis.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#238 07/04/04 10:55 PM
P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
-did you try a new d/l and install of 6.14?
-did you double check to be sure that the ports you want are correct in new version of mIRC?
-are you using any scripts/addons that might not be compatible with later versions of mIRC?
-its of course your choice what version of mIRC you use, but be aware that "firewall and other internet security devices" wont protect you from everything. For example, they wouldnt protect you from a dcc exploit that was possible in older versions.

When the majority of ppl dont have any problem dccing with v6.14, that indicates the problem isnt specifically within mIRC as downloaded. the first thing i would try is to d/l a new copy of v6.14 and install it to a clean directory without any scripts and try dcc sending to a friend.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#239 07/04/04 11:06 PM
W
W
Quote:
-did you try a new d/l and install of 6.14?

Yes.

Quote:
-did you double check to be sure that the ports you want are correct in new version of mIRC?

Yes.

Quote:
-are you using any scripts/addons that might not be compatible with later versions of mIRC?

No.

If 6.14 works for some people, good luck to them. For me, 6.14 just doesn't work. I had exactly the same problem with 6.12 when it first came out and supposedly sorted the security issues with earlier versions. 6.03 does work. End of story, far as I'm concerned.

#240 07/04/04 11:33 PM
P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
hrmm, ppl i've helped with that problem it ended up being due to a script/addon being incompatible. since it seems the problem exists with every version after 6.03 for you, it was worth asking you about. wish i could come up with some solution so you'd be able to use the latest version, decidedly annoying when something that should work isnt. if you can web or telnet into your ADSL settings, i imagine you've already looked them over.

you mentioned that some of your friends have the same problem. just out of curiousity is there anything y'all have in common that others might not have? if you dont mind saying, what adsl do you use? i'd like to check dslreports forums just to see if others using it have the same issue.

#241 08/04/04 08:48 AM
W
W
We're all on different ISPs and even in different countries - I use British Telecom, another friend uses Wanadoo in France and another is on a US ISP - not sure which one. Common problem: none of us could DCC send under 6.1x, but we could once we went back to 6.03.

And we don't use scripts - we basically just hang out on an IRC channel and chat. About all we do other than that is play the occasional wav - all of which work fine - and use stuff in the .ini file (the slap, op, kick commands etc). When we DCC, it's almost always sending Word files to each other - we write fanfiction.

So... <shrug> can't think of anything which gets in the way. frown Thanks for trying to help, though.

#242 08/04/04 09:17 AM
P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
darn, wish i could help. check back, if i think of anything i'll post it

#243 12/04/04 05:01 PM
T
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
T
Does anyone know a fix for the Microsoft Wireless Base Station MN-700 tried portforwarding and turning off firewall and still no dcc send frown

Please help!!

windows xp
1 gig ram
2.5 P4
Earthllink DSL

Last edited by tempestmagi; 12/04/04 05:02 PM.
#244 02/05/04 05:54 AM
F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
I just want to say that i read this entire Thread, and i had the usual problem with the fact that i am behind a router.

I tried everything PORT Forwarding, checking firewall settings etc etc. IT SHOULD work, i thought.

I then clicked the MISC section of my router and found that DMZ was on and was directed towards my PC LAN IP ADDRES.

I turned it off, and bingo it works.

So my DCC send works because i have

Routed my DCC port range to my PC
Routed my PC as server from my router
Setup my firewall(software) to allow the port range to be passed to my PC.

And finally Turned off DMZ, that was causing me troubles.

I just had DMZ on sinze i have a software Firewall too, and i also play some games on the net with this PC.

I case you wonder what DMZ is, here is a short description.

DMZ Host DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone) Host is a host without the protection of firewall. It allows a computer to be exposed to unrestricted 2-way communication for Internet games, Video conferencing, Internet telephony and other special applications.

#245 08/05/04 07:50 PM
G
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
G
what if I can DCC Chat but not DCC send? it looks like I have everything right.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard