Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Greetings,

I've been searching for alice, hal or similar artifical intelligence addon scripts that I can use with mIRC. If you know of any which I could download and/or look at, please take a moment and send me a reply with that information and link.

Best Regards,
MDA

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Not sure about the scripts you mentioned specifically, but a good place to start looking is here smile

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
wyx Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
nice to meet you guy's

-= Win 95 Virusses =-
-= Try To Infecting Virus =-
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
do a search on www.google.com

btw alice bot's website is www.alicebot.org

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Would these scripts/addons you're after be going towards mass advertising like the script you asked for help with in another post? mad

M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Greetings Funchatter,

Yes, of course I have searched for a mIRC scripted chatterbot for about 6 months, and visited the alicebot site afew times as well. Its nice to point such out to someone asking 'have you looked there before? Yes Funchatter, been there, done that.

Thanks,
MDA

M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
NO, I'm certainly not interested in such avenues as Mass marketing and suchPoppy. I run 5 seperate chatrooms at the same time with about 1,300 members in our group. I realize that to some, adding character, and some ordinate sense of personality to a script is lost on many, as in why and huh? But shrugs, oh well. If someone feels socially challenged by a artifical intelligence program then they really need to watch less cable access and perhaps doing some wilderness hiking or such.

Have a great day Poppy
MDA

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I realize that to some, adding character, and some ordinate sense of personality to a script is lost on many

You call automating everything "adding character"? Perhaps you should be the one tying up the laces on your best pair of hiking boots. Or was that actually your intention?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I'm having a great day thanks, MDA. I was simply wondering if your search for AI was anything to do with this thread too. People here have tried to point you in the right direction for help, but as you seem to have 'been there done that', it looks like you're on your own. I myself don't hike, but perhaps you'll enjoy yours. smirk

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
I have a GREAT idea for you which will solve all your BIG problems.
1. Type /help - start reading - start scripting
2. For a very good scripting tutorial goto this site.

This hopefully is what you searched for laugh

DALnet: #HelpDesk, #mIRC, #MISHScript - Undernet: #mIRC, #mIRC-Scripts
M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
There are no mIRC AI Scripts,

I'm surprised no one has written one for some of the earlier AI attempts such as Eliza. A alice engine thou would likely be to much for the mIRC availiable commands.

One responder mentioning automating everything, hmm I think the turring test is having human characteristics for 5-15 min tops. It's good to chat now and then with people that would rather repeatedly type in 100 words than use a macro hotkeyed function to do so. I like to hear theorys on why two sticks rubbed together to strike a spark is better than my Bic lighter. But, again the replys here are suggested theorys.

One replys:
Try Google.com, heh already did, You really think I would ask you first?

Another replies:
Is this for selling something? Lol, No and that would pertain to after a AI script engine is located, the personality loaded and its programmed. None appear to exist.

Nonetheless, if any of the people answering this thread had to type in a similar 15 word sentence day in and night out, were given the opportunity to hot key that sentence into 1 one word, they would most certainly use the hot keys 99% of the time.

Maybe we can start a theory on why there's no AI scripts written, or perhaps rename this thread to Why there's no AI scripts.

Regards,
MDA

T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
I wonder what would be the use of such a script...

Usually I get on the IRC to speak to people, not to speak to a bot. I personnally have a bot on Undernet, and when I talk to her it's for issuing commands, I don't expect her to reply to stuff like "Hey how are you today, had a nice day?"

M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Greetings Tom420,

Thanks Tom, that's a good and realistic question. In what manner could a AI program enhance a chatroom, or help the hosting staff in what they do?

The answer I feel is based upon what the chatroom is setup primarly for, does it help visitors, does it inform visitors, does it have a special keystone difference from any of 5,000 generic chatrooms within the same category?

If the answer is NO, then r2d2 would likely be parked in the corner mostly untapped and rarely used. If the answer to some of those critera is YES, then one over time can build a flow chart of what your staff spends the greatest amount of time on regarding repeative functions. Then the AI engine is gone over to see if he/she is capable of assisting in those repeative functions.

What does that mean and what would be the end result? What that means is the hosts would be better able to spend more quality time with the visitors which enhances any chatroom experience I have ever been involved in for the past many years. The repeative functions are generally carried out thru various whisper modes which do not interupt the main chat channel conversations.

Yes in some regards what is described is in fact already in place with some of the IRC bots in now. Used for help guides, search guides, and some passing out simple text requests thru complex map searches. Perhaps more user friendly for the chatroom visitors the AI programs thou are seldom friendly to someone adding and changing the coding in their databases which is the very heart of nearly all AI engines and programs.

My current thoughts on such a integration would be a hybrid design. mIRC would be the interface placing the text strings of either the entire chatroom or locked onto one specific individual into a temporary file which would then be processed by an AI engine written in Pearl or C++. Such would require a sizeable amount of computer resources and the often chuckle of the no lapse response by a IRC Bot would likely be gone also, for it would take afew seconds to process the text strings by the off board AI engine, place that back to the mIRC handler to input back into the active channel.

The majority of visitors to a main library are there to locate a specific book and obtain information from that book. In the previous decades the librarian staff has greatly shifted over on various step by step visitor enhancements to enable them to spend more quality time with special customers at the help desk and less time at walking over to a given rack at isle 11 and pointing their finger. These changes do not diminish the experience of either party, it enhances the experience of the individual at the help desk that has more time with the main librarian and it empowers the remaining visitors to be able to quickly locate the information for themselves.

I hope this helps answer some of your question Mike,

Regards,
MDA

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
What, didn't you realise I'm not human? cool

V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
NO AI Bot scripts? That's quite a statement to make MDA.

M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Greetings VCV,

Yes, a moment of brevity VCV, when I posted, NO AI Bot scripts?' your reply 'That's quite a statement to make MDA'. Yes VCV it is and perhaps will help force the mIRC issue as to 'where they are'. There are indeed some IRC chatterbots and some IRC hybrid AI engines. Are there mIRC chatterbots and mIRC hybrid AI engines thou?

Its very likely some early mIRC scripters converted over some old renditions of Eliza, however I'm not certain nor able to state that mIRC's string handling capability's would be powerful enough to process that primal form of AI. I suspect that it is and someone in the past has done so.

I am aware of one mIRC script which is commercially availiable which locks onto a chat visitor in a whispered chat mode. I haven't seen that script in action however I suspect that entire script is largely designed just for that single task with very few bells and whistles regarding channel protection, etc. That mIRC scripts apparent purpose is to attract chat visitors, engage them in a whispered conversation and hash the text string data back and forth using whispered windows to seperate who is stating what.

And that is likely the closest, one is able to currently come to a mIRC AI script that i'm aware of.

The link to that whisper mode mIRC chatterbot is this http://www.frontiernet.net/~wcowart/sale.html Yes that is a commercial website. I don't know them, I'm not endorsing them or selling this item. I'm including this link to help answer my reply to VCV.

Several months ago when I began earnestly searching for the rather illusive mIRC AI script or mIRC Bot, the problem I ran nearly immediately into was the mention of MSN to IRC AI Bot programmers. Everyone of them refused to be involved, either thru a clear unbashed dislike for msn outright (unix and pearl programmers mainly) or as one IBM staff programmer (and IRC Bot author/programmer) told me a concern of litigation and liability from msn against them. The discussion would go from slight changes in the IRC code to mIRC to MSN then almost immediately to NO, can't, won't.

Several of the early prototypes of those IRC AI Bots were written in Java which they had then converted over to C++, Unix, or Pearl to implement the IRC handling routines. Yes, I have knocked on quite a few doors searching for a AI mIRC script.

If there's one out there in the wilde, I hope to hear from them and obtain a copy if possible to work on.

Best Regards,
MDA

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
mircscripts.org had an AI bot type competition over a year ago, but the competition results have since disappeared from the site. You could try contact the webmaster.

M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Greetings Pasmal,

Yes indeed I would be delighted to, I didn't see that announcement previously on mircscripts.org and I have searched that site on a regular basis for mIRC scripts with any AI capabilitys.

Thanks Pasmal, I'll email them a quiery and I'll post anything that is found to be availiable for someone to download.

Regards,
MDA

T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
Coding AI programs is not something a regular programer could write on a sad night. It requires a lot of specialization on the topic of AI. I wouldn't go on that field my self.

That would explain the difficulty to find any mIRC script that those that, even if you forget about the fact the mIRC scripting capabilites are very low for this. However we could forget mIRC for a moment and use anohter language. If you start for example from an EggDrop, you could code it in TCL, or even more code a module with the language of your choice.

I liked your reply to my question MDA, it made me feel like I want such a script on my bot smile

V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
True to an extent. If you wanted to make a rather simple AI bot, it's very possible.

I could make one with mirc script if i really wanted to, and had the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard