mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
I can be on multiple servers and the same server will randomly disconnect me and asking someone they will say my error is always "Client Exited" but I obviously did not exit my client. This will happen once randomly after I start up mIRC for the first time and then not happen again until I disconnect and reconnect of my own will, however when it happens I reconnect immediately with no issue.

I use one script and it reads

Quote:
on *:START:.timerAnti-10053 -o 0 60 scon -at1 raw -q ping Anti-10053
on ^*:PONG:if ($2 == Anti-10053) haltdef

I've been using it for awhile, but could this somehow be causing it because I'm not sure what that script dues I was just told to enable to prevent 10053.

E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
Is this in the wrong section is that why I get no help?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
There's a 10053 thread in Connection Issues. "Client Exited" doesn't mean you're not getting 10053 errors, you should see the error in your status window.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
The error I always get is about the client exiting. It's never 10053, it's something about a disconnect, not peer related either, it's the error you'd get if you disconnected yourself it just says "disconnected"

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
That's usually the same issue as 10053, you just don't always get the actual error message popping up. My guess is it's a router issue, but you can read more about it in the thread. Either way, Connection Issues is where you can get help for connection related issues.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
Thanks, I don't have a router but I have forwarded all the ports on my firewall for mIRC, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The symptom is an unstable IRC connection-- the underlying cause can be a multitude of things, all of which containing the phrase "unstable":

- unstable ISP route; this would usually clear up in a day/week, but you should call your ISP to see if they've had any outages/issues recently

- unstable modem; this would cause issues outside mIRC as well, but might be harder to diagnose unless you have other persistent connections. The symptom here would be that the modem dies every few days or so, though it could also just be packet loss.

- you say you have no router, but are you sure your modem isn't an integrated router? if so, see "unstable modem"

- bad connection line; if you're on DSL, this is not uncommon. I know a few people, myself included, who have had to call up their ISPs to get the line fixed/cleaned/whatever it is they do. Been a while since I've had a DSL connection, but as I recall, noise buildup due to corrosion in the line is a real issue.

- could just be a temporal network issue with the IRC server. trying another server or network would confirm it, in this case.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
Yes, I have DSL, they fixed the lines out here a few weeks ago for that exact issue, but there has been several outages in my area over the last few days, usually one a night, normally I wouldn't concern myself with that, but it happens for quite the wide area of users.

E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
The error I can now confirm is "Host Disconnected"

Last edited by EmoHobo; 17/03/12 02:51 AM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
They might not have really fixed the issue properly. Or it could just be a perfect storm of multiple problems, and they only solved one of them.

Note also that if you're on a wireless connection, you might be in an area of your house with poor reception. Or the modem itself is placed poorly. Again, this is assuming your modem is a modem/router combo with wireless connectivity. But to confirm that this issue is real: I just recently had to move my router because one of my machines was getting 80% packet loss. Test your connection with something like http://www.speedtest.net to confirm that your rates are reasonable, but more importantly, consistent. If you're seeing lots of spikes, it's the wireless connection (or just the modem itself). Doing the speed test would help even if you don't have wireless, as the spikes would be indicative of network problems either way.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard