Print Thread
#235862 17/01/12 06:34 PM
I
ident Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
I
I am trying to find the(if one exists) get get the users host. The client i am using has a contextmenu command that says "get ident" which returns

isNick's identity: isNick@cpc2-cmbg6-0-0-cust231.5-4.cable.virginmedia.com

I know of course there is whois but i dont want to return all that. Is this client sending a whois and hiding the rest or is there a command to get just users host?

ident #235864 17/01/12 07:25 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
If the nick appears in a channel list you can use $ial($nick), otherwise you could use global variables and raws to hide the extra info from a whois.

ident #235865 17/01/12 07:28 PM
I
ident Offline OP
OP Offline
I
In case any one is wondering why i need this. It's for a small irc client i am working on that needs to handle user ignore. I was going to base this on host mask but now is causing an issue.

When you join a room raw numeric 352 is returned. Names command. This does not hold the host mask. Currently when i need to ignore a user i have to whois them.

Xchat displays a nick ident command and a whois command in it's context menu. Only way i can think of getting users is by sending a who #channel.

I
ident Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Loki12583
If the nick appears in a channel list you can use $ial($nick), otherwise you could use global variables and raws to hide the extra info from a whois.

I am not using mIRC, but that is what i am currently doing in my client using a boolean.

Last edited by ident; 17/01/12 07:29 PM.
ident #235867 17/01/12 07:57 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Maintain a data structure for users, when a user speaks their address is given, so fill it in at that point (and on a whois, join, or any other appropriate event). If the user has not spoken at the point you wish to ignore them, issue a /userhost command. The server will respond with a raw 302. (I found this using /debug.) This is how mIRC appears to behave.

I
ident Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Loki12583
Maintain a data structure for users, when a user speaks their address is given, so fill it in at that point (and on a whois, join, or any other appropriate event). If the user has not spoken at the point you wish to ignore them, issue a /userhost command. The server will respond with a raw 302. (I found this using /debug.) This is how mIRC appears to behave.

Thanks for the reply. I have spent the last few hours writing a structure that handles the WHO reply on join. Userhost was the command i was after.

I do have mIRC with debug on. But must of missed it and in the reply.

Wicked

Link Copied to Clipboard