mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you are using anti-virus software, it is quite possible that it is the culprit. Anti-virus software can block applications that it thinks are "suspicious" even if the applications are actually legitimate. Can you tell us which anti-virus software you are using?

Also, if you type this into Status Window editbox in mIRC:

/server irc.quakenet.org 6667

And then press the enter key, mIRC should connect to the QuakeNet IRC network. If it does not connect, can you tell us what error message you are seeing in the Status Window?

J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
J
I have Sygate and AVG antivirus on the computer and when I typed in the quakenet I got

unable to connect to server (connection refused)
connection retry # 2 irc.quakenet.org (6669) (dns pool)

D
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
D
I just got a new computer. When installing mIRC on it, I tried to connect to the server I usually connect to and get the following error message
"Unable to connect (network is unreachable)"
I know that the IP i am using is good because I can still connect when I try it from my old computer. All firewall and network settings are the same between the two machines. I am using mIRC vers 6.35 and running windows XP. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Are you trying to connect using the identical settings on both computers at the same time, or with one while the other one is already connected?

If so, then it sounds like you need to get your router reconfigured. If you are trying to do it without a router, then I don't know if that's even possible with a single internet connection.

If you have a router, then use PortForward for assistance in properly configuring your router.

D
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
D
It is not my router since I can connect multiple machines right now. However when i try to replace one of the old machines with my new one (with the settings identical to the one I am replacing) it gives me the unable to connect error.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Have you explicitly allowed the v7 mirc.exe in your firewall? It's not the same as the v6 one.

S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
Hi there,
trying to solve my problems now for about half a week, searched lot of forums, pages, checked a lot, without effort:

Win7 64 ultimate
mIRC 7.22 (tested 7.19 too)
openSSL 0.9.8.18 or 1.0.0.5
ESET NOD32 AV uptodate on or off
Firewall has rulez for mirc TCP/UDP all opened
AVM Fritz!box 7390 firewall has rule mirc port 6660-7000 opened

i can connect by standardconnection to any server without problems, but if i try to use SSL its unable to connect.
Checked some different server with different ports.
Any advice?

UPDATE:
finally found the problem, that hooked me up:
On Win7 the system mainly try to look into the $user/AppData/-directories.
mIRC seems to look also to this, but most apps like openSSL and scripts go to $drive/Program Files/mIRC-directory.
And mIRC don't seems to look after that directory, because it runs (mirrored) out of $user/AppData/-directories.

Solution for now:
copied all from $drive/Program Files/mIRC-directory
to $user/AppData/-directory
all fine.

Last edited by Shiva2011; 26/10/11 09:56 AM.
W
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
W
Hello, I often use the channel "pracc.ru", but now when trying to connect to this channel, I get a message that my ip-adress banned for advertising.
I understand that because someone banned from the whole network of my provider. How can I restore access to the channel?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
We cannot help you with bans other than to tell you to contact the network or channel where you were banned. Only they can remove your ban for you. Networks usually have a website with contact information that you can use to ask for help. Channels may or may not have contact information available and you may need to try and contact a user from that channel or ask someone else to go in there to ask for help for you.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
W
Thanks for the advice,man.
smile

G
G50 Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
G
When I try to connect to a server (in this case Irc.purplesurge.com) I keep getting a message that says - "Unable to connect to server (Network is unreachable)"

G50 #235812 14/01/12 05:08 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Because the network is unreachable from your location. It might be a routing issue with your ISP (or ISP's DNS) or the server might just have been down at the time. I am able to connect to it now, though.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #235813 14/01/12 06:14 AM
G
G50 Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
G
Originally Posted By: argv0
Because the network is unreachable from your location. It might be a routing issue with your ISP (or ISP's DNS) or the server might just have been down at the time. I am able to connect to it now, though.

How do I check if it's a routing issue with the ISP/ISP DNS?

G50 #235819 14/01/12 07:59 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
if you go to status window and do

/dns host_mask_of_server

and it gives you the ip number of the server, then it's not a problem of your isp's DNS not being able to find it. (though there's a remote chance it's returning an OLD status of the ip number)

if that /dns is unable to find it, then either you've used the wrong server-name, or it's dead-or-down, or maybe the ISP's DNS server doesn't have it.

if you have a friend at another isp who is able to get a reply to the /dns command while you can't, then there's a good chance it's a problem with your ISP's dns.

If your friend gets a reply that the /dns resolves to a number, you might be able to use "/server that-number" to connect.

G
G50 Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
G
I got the Main server I needed to work.

Unfortuntely, with the other server I need, for UnrealIRCd I'm getting a different message -

Unable to connect to server (Connection Timed Out)

G50 #235836 16/01/12 07:06 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
That is the same problem, though. It means the server is down. Servers aren't always up, especially for smaller networks. Try different servers or try again at another time.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #235851 17/01/12 06:41 AM
G
G50 Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
G
It works now, thanks for your help.

smile

S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
i get message ..No authorisation on this server why and how do i resolve it ....

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You change to a server closer to you, if your in *.us you should try use a server ending with *.us . or if in sweden *.se, or finland *.fi

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
iwonder how that can be done ..

Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard