mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#235653 03/01/12 03:34 AM
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
I while ago I decided to upgrade my mIRC, not sure what version but I noticed that it did not do the saving-to-the-same-directory-it-was-in thing. I immediately decided not to upgrade.
But with the awesome price of registration, I wanted to upgrade, so I did.

The newer versions of mIRC ALL save vars and users default to AppData folder! (And more importantly: mirc.ini)
This makes problems when you use 2 mIRC.exe
I want to run a different set of scripts on each one (Instead of the /server -m NOTsolution).

So my question is, can you manually change the place that mirc.ini saves to with each mirc.exe?
Is there a work around (besides not using 2 programs?)
I don't want to have to edit all of my scripts to work with only specific networks.

Please and Thank you.

Last edited by Imaginary_Number; 03/01/12 03:35 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you place mIRC.ini in the same folder as mIRC.exe, it will use that copy of mIRC.ini when running that copy of mIRC.exe. It may not install that way, but if you put the file there, it will work like it always has in the past, where each install uses its own mIRC.ini. An alternative is to use the -r switch in a shortcut to point to different mIRC.ini files when running mIRC. Personally, I prefer the first if you use multiple copies of mIRC and don't have multiple Windows user accounts.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Oh wow thank you, I can't believe I didn't just try that
I was just scanning the help file :<

Last edited by Imaginary_Number; 03/01/12 03:50 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard