mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
I was thinking some script I'm not qualified to do myself. So my script suggestion is following:

Is there a way I could ignore some things in Status-window by for eg. a specific word? I'm using mIRC through bouncer (psyBNC) and it plays "PONG from [server]: [nick]" every 2 minutes even if there's "Hide PING? PONG! events" checked in mIRC's settings. That won't help. I was thinking if it was possible to ignore things that comes up in Status-window. For example if I don't want any messages containing "PONG" to show up in status-window would it be possible to ignore with some script in some way?

In psyBNC's option there's no way to disable PONG events.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Use this:
Code:
on ^*:Pong:{ haltdef }

Nothing...
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
This on where? Remote? And how to enable it?

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Yes, in Remotes. Once you copy/paste the code in your remote and press "OK" it will be automatically activated.

Nothing...
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just so you know, this is what you would do for PONG. That syntax isn't what you'd use for specific words or phrases. Depending what's appearing, there may be a variety of events and syntaxes needed. A couple possibilities depending on what you want to hide might include on RAW, on NOTICE, on SNOTICE, and on TEXT. There are others as well. So don't just replace "pong" with other words and expect it to work. wink

If you have anything else specific, post it and someone can tell you which event you need for it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
Originally Posted By: Masoud
Yes, in Remotes. Once you copy/paste the code in your remote and press "OK" it will be automatically activated.

Don't work.

Last edited by nokkamies; 15/12/11 09:52 PM.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Originally Posted By: nokkamies
Don't work.
The ^ event prefix currently works only on the following types of events: ACTION, BAN, CHAT, DEHELP, DEOP, DEVOICE, HELP, INVITE, JOIN, KICK, MODE, NICK, NOTICE, OP, OPEN, PART, PING, TEXT, UNBAN, USERMODE, VOICE, QUIT, SERV, SERVERMODE, SERVEROP, SNOTICE, TABCOMP, TOPIC, WALLOPS.

As you can see the PONG event is not supported with ^ prefix.

Last edited by Tomao; 16/12/11 12:30 AM.
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
Originally Posted By: Tomao
Originally Posted By: nokkamies
Don't work.
The ^ event prefix currently works only on the following types of events: ACTION, BAN, CHAT, DEHELP, DEOP, DEVOICE, HELP, INVITE, JOIN, KICK, MODE, NICK, NOTICE, OP, OPEN, PART, PING, TEXT, UNBAN, USERMODE, VOICE, QUIT, SERV, SERVERMODE, SERVEROP, SNOTICE, TABCOMP, TOPIC, WALLOPS.

As you can see the PONG event is not supported with ^ prefix.

So there's nothing to do with this every 2 minutes PONG?

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
It works just fine for PONG either. as you can see PING and PONG help section is the same and if PING works with that so PONG will.
Btw, i'm using that code in my own script either, it works just fine and halts PONG messages. (However, he may try that without ^ to see if it works or no.

Nothing...

Link Copied to Clipboard