Print Thread
#234833 12/11/11 03:43 PM
M
Methen Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I would like to request a wider input box (place where you type)
or better yet the ability to resize it.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The input box is as wide as the window it's in unless you have the second editbox enabled (Alt+Q).

Do you want to add more lines? mIRC Options (Alt+O) -> Display -> Options -> Editbox lines: Multiple or Automatic

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
you're saying there is a way to change the width of $input(test,e) window?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
No, there is confusion over whether "input box" refers to the edit line or if it's the $input box. I also thought the question was about the edit line until seeing your question.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Use a dialog instead of a input box..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
I'd agree with sparta, if you need anything the built in popup doesn't do make a simple dialog. They are easy enough to work with and even easier with a program to create them.

Dialog Editor by RG, it's a great program for making the dialog and getting the code behind it. I personally love it.
http://members.multimania.co.uk/mdxstudio/files/deditor.zip

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
M
Methen Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I am sorry for the confusion perhaps a picture would better explain using this example on this chat see how much wider the width is where it says your message is around 2 inch's compared to mircs quarter inch, See I like to be able to see what I am typing especially if Iam trying in a large amount

http://www.techmixer.com/jquery-php-chat-free-live-chat-script/
what would be nice is to have a option to resize by drag and stretch.

Last edited by Methen; 12/11/11 11:07 PM.
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: Methen
I am sorry for the confusion perhaps a picture would better explain using this example on this chat see how much wider the width is where it says your message is around 2 inch's compared to mircs quarter inch, See I like to be able to see what I am typing especially if Iam trying in a large amount

You should do what Collective said above. mIRC Options (Alt+O) -> Display -> Options -> Editbox lines: Automatic.

The 'automatic' setting will make the editbox widen when the text is too large to fit on one line.

M
Methen Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Originally Posted By: drum
Originally Posted By: Methen

You should do what Collective said above. mIRC Options (Alt+O) -> Display -> Options -> Editbox lines: Automatic.

The 'automatic' setting will make the editbox widen when the text is too large to fit on one line.
ok I tried to do that it was already set to automatic when I changed it to 10 all that did was make the tool bar at top wider, when I set it back to automatic and tried typing a long message the text box (where you type the message) did not get wider it just when passed the point where I could not see it.

Last edited by Methen; 13/11/11 05:48 AM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The editbox will never get wider than the window, this doesn't make sense. It will only grow vertically, not horizontally. It is already as wide as it can be, horizontally. If you want a wider editbox, resize the mIRC/channel window to be wider.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
M
Methen Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Originally Posted By: argv0
The editbox will never get wider than the window, this doesn't make sense. It will only grow vertically, not horizontally. It is already as wide as it can be, horizontally. If you want a wider editbox, resize the mIRC/channel window to be wider.

hence the reason why I made the request for the next update:)
also I tried to do that but nothing happen

Last edited by Methen; 13/11/11 06:53 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Right, but I'm saying, this will not change. It's not possible to extend a control beyond the window. It makes even less sense to resize the window to match text inside the control.

I think you might actually be talking about HEIGHT, not WIDTH. Can you clarify this? "Wider" is a qualification of width, not height. If you want the box to be TALLER, you should say so. This is already possible with the automatic editbox sizing, or multiline, as suggested above.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
M
Methen Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Right, but I'm saying, this will not change. It's not possible to extend a control beyond the window. It makes even less sense to resize the window to match text inside the control.

I think you might actually be talking about HEIGHT, not WIDTH. Can you clarify this? "Wider" is a qualification of width, not height. If you want the box to be TALLER, you should say so. This is already possible with the automatic editbox sizing, or multiline, as suggested above.

Well I go by length and width but yes I am refereing to hight of the box,also I already tried that and it did not seem to work I clicked on Tools options display and lines and it was already set to auto but when I tried a test by typing in a long sentence the hight of the box did not change, the sentence simply went passed the point of being seen.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
What version of mIRC are you using? Any scripts?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Automatic should adjust the height of the edit box automatically when you hit the end of the line assuming you're not using any scripts or DLLs that may affect that. Multiple will set it to a height of 2 (2 lines) at all times instead of only once you get a long line.

If you're not seeing that, try changing the setting to multiple and back to automatic (hitting OK each time).

Invision Support
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
If you change it to Multiple (not Automatic) it should immediately change to the height of 2 lines instead of 1. If you're not immediately seeing this change, something is wrong with your mIRC and you should either update or disable all scripts / install a clean copy of mIRC and try again.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
M
Methen Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
If you change it to Multiple (not Automatic) it should immediately change to the height of 2 lines instead of 1. If you're not immediately seeing this change, something is wrong with your mIRC and you should either update or disable all scripts / install a clean copy of mIRC and try again.

Ok first of all I just downladed this version of mirc a few days ago and its still trail version nothing has been added to it.

As far as the drop down in lines there is no multiple just automatic and numbers 1-10

when you choose any of those numbers it changes the tool bar at top it has no effect on the area where you type in the message at please see screen shoot this is what it looks like when I picked line ten

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/grab5v.png/

This screen shot is the area iam using

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/grab3l.png/

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You're in the wrong area. That's for the switchbar size, which is why your switchbar grew so large. Go to Options under that in the tree view on the left of your second image (Alt-O > Display > Options) and you'll see a dropdown for Editbox Lines. Change the setting there.

Thanks for the screenshot as that helped to show what you were doing. If you had mentioned the switchbar was growing, that also would have pointed us in the right direction. smile

Last edited by Riamus2; 14/11/11 08:57 PM.

Invision Support
M
Methen Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
You're in the wrong area. That's for the switchbar size, which is why your switchbar grew so large. Go to Options under that in the tree view on the left of your second image (Alt-O > Display > Options) and you'll see a dropdown for Editbox Lines. Change the setting there.

Thanks for the screenshot as that helped to show what you were doing. If you had mentioned the switchbar was growing, that also would have pointed us in the right direction. smile

Oh, Ok thanks its working now actually I did at the top I said it was making the tool bar growing smile

Last edited by Methen; 14/11/11 10:40 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ah, sorry. I read right over that. Oops. smile

Invision Support

Link Copied to Clipboard