#234370 22/10/11 03:15 AM
T
Thrull Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Hey,

Just got Win 7 and I cannot get the tips messages to appear in the lower right hand corner as they did with Win XP. Is there any way to fix this? Is this intended behavior for Win 7?

Thanks

Yar
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do you mean that you are unable to get tips to display at all? Or that they are displaying in a different location? The Tips always display alongside your Windows taskbar. So if your taskbar is at the top of the screen, the Tips will appear at the top right, and so on.

T
Thrull Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
I just tried it again, and the tips are now appearing at the bottom right where I expect them to. I'm not sure exactly why, though. I did several test when I made my first post. All the tips were appearing at the top right. I've made no changes to the taskbar at all, so I'm at a loss to explain it.

Oh well, it seems it has sorted itself out. Thanks for the help.

Yar
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I was not able to reproduce the issue here, however if you see it again, zip your mIRC data folder to preserve the current settings and email to me and I will see if I can reproduce it - it's possible the issue only appears with a certain combination of settings.

Link Copied to Clipboard