Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
colt45 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
C
Tomao : Many appreciated for your help .. at least you've tried.

Riamus2 : your code works best but not 100% (currently using your 2nd code - both seems to work but I prefer 2nd code ;p) .. for some reason it would not should result on the first network which is cid=1 ? - It only reads from Network2, Network3, etc.. but not Network1 if u know what i mean?

One small thing? - If i'm not in channel, how do I get it to run a command by joining channel?

Thanks

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
The problem of security with scid and scon is the same as the one with timer: the parameter of the command is a command itself, which cause the double evaluation; however, scid and scon can be used without a command as a parameter (and you used it that way), in this case there's no problem of double evaluation

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the clarification, Wims.

@colt: Check what $network equals on whatever network isn't displaying and make absolutely certain it's the same in the script. I've tested this with multiple networks and they are all showing. That doesn't mean there isn't an error, but I don't currently see one. (You can type //echo -a $network on that network to verify what it is). You might also try changing which network is first and then run this again. If it's always the same network (instead of always the first network), then you'll know it's due to a difference in $network and what you have in the script as the variable name.

As far as running commands, you're already doing that with the /echo commands. Just use an IF to check connection (instead of the $iif in the middle of the echo)...

Example:
Code:
if ($me !ison %chan) { join %chan }

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
colt45 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
C
I made a mistake with network name (blush typo blush) .. forgot to add the "dash" in network name i.e. EFNET instead of EF-NET

Yea, it's looking good (so far) .. i will start adding channels, networks now and see how it is goes and hopefully it's just how I wanted wink

Many thanks for your help!

For the commands to perform the script if I'm not in channel, I've tried and it works too .. thanks again laugh

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Wow gee thanks Riamus2. I never thought it could be that easy. I overcomplicated myself. Thanks for your rescue.

Yeah I tried but sort of failed, colt45. I'm glad you have a working code now. wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard