Print Thread
#233935 25/09/11 02:44 PM
T
trh Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
The Nick-Autocompletion could be greatly improved, if there was a option, that it wouldn't work based on the alphabet, but instead on the "last activity".

Usually I want to write to someone who has been recently active and not to the person who comes first in the list.

Example:
In a Channel are tast and test. trst joins the channel, I want to Say "hello t<auto-complete"", but i have to cycle 2 times until I get trst.

I understand that some people may want the alphabetic behavior, so it'd be perfect if it was a additional option in the configuration.

Thanks for consideration.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That seems like a lot of work for something that is entirely a personal preference. You can easily type 2 or 3 letters instead of one before pressing TAB. If you get in the habit of doing so all of the time, then you usually won't have too many duplicates to switch between because most of the time, nicks don't share more than the first couple letters.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
This can be easily accomplished using onTABCOMP, $editbox, /editbox, etc. Just keep track of recent activity in a database, and use that for your own auto-complete.

Example of using onTABCOMP
Code:

on ^*:TABCOMP:#:{
  editbox $target $editbox($target) $+ -dawg
  haltdef
}

-genius_at_work

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: genius_at_work
Just keep track of recent activity in a database, and use that for your own auto-complete.

You don't even need to keep track of recent activity -- mIRC already does that for you with the $nick(#,nick).idle property.

Link Copied to Clipboard