mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#231092 31/03/11 07:27 PM
R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
in the chatroom i use several people have reported to me they they have lost the nicklist (dialog box) in all version 7's its there for a few seconds then it disappears, has anyone else had this problem.. btw they have tried the icon in the toolbar in front of the filemenu with no sucess

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Nicklist "dialog box"? The nicklist is a listview on the right of the channel. Just checking if we're talking about the same thing.

You can "auto-hide" the nicklist. This makes it disappear when the mouse is not over the right side of the window. It appears if you put your mouse over the right side of the window. Tell them to try this. If it pops up, they are using the auto-hide feature.

To disable it, click the window icon and go to Nick List... -- note that the setting is per-window. You need to select "set default" to apply the change to all windows.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
thank you Argv0, i did mean the listview ...The top right of the window does indeed show the listview with the mouseover .. but they have also tried the auto hide settings in the window icon .. if they drop the 6:32 mirc icon into the mirc folder it resets the version backwards then the listview appears ... i will let them know of the mouseover and update this thread ty

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If they updated to the current version by just copying the exe into the folder, there may be some setting in mirc.ini that is conflicting. You might want to suggest to them to fully install the current version including new settings and see if that solves their problem.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
ok ive spoken to one of the people who lost the listview and gone through all you said but still no list.....but i found its only in the one room 40_something ...the list does appear when she joins but a few seconds then its gone with no way to get it back .. the list is there in her own private registered room. ty
.. aslo the [nicklist] setting in the mirc.ini shows the setting for 40_something.... #40_something=right,153,0,1

Last edited by Rickdangerpus; 01/04/11 03:10 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Again, if they deselect "hide nicklist" it should be fine. If it's already unchecked, tell them to check (click ok) and then uncheck it.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Well, the 3rd token in the ini setting is the "Hide nicklist" setting (based on my testing just now), so if the INI really does have "#40_something=right,153,0,1" then it should already be disabled.

That said, I would probably try erasing the line completely so that mIRC will revert to default settings for that channel. I'd also look at other settings related to that channel in the INI and consider deleting those lines as well.

R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
could you explain what you mean "3rd Token* is please is it the section that begins with brackets[]... what does the ,0,1 mean?
i have tried the untick auto hide and turn back on with no luck
appreciated ty

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Well if you want auto-hide disabled, then you should leave it unticked.

#40_something=right,153,0,1

Token 1: Position of nicklist
Token 2: Width of nicklist in pixels
Token 3: Nicklist auto-hide, 0=off 1=on
Token 4: Show nicklist on TAB key, 0=off 1=on

For the nicklist auto-hide to be off, the 3rd token should be 0, which it is.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just delete the entire line for that channel to set it back to default. It will save you time.

Invision Support
R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
Hi, still people getting trouble with the nicklist sometimes a nicklist from one room is showing in another room or both same at the time....this seems to occur on a win7 machine ... the people have the exact same script but for one it works fine and the others a either a corrupt nicklist or no nicklist if anyone can help i would be gratefull as ive tried previous suggestions on this thread without result... ive included an URL
thank you [img]http://www.raycar.dsl.pipex.com/nicklist.htm[/img]

R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
Hi, Still having probs with the nicklist after trying all the suggestions here...well its not me actually its my friends who use the same script which works perfect for some of them but either get a corrupt nicklist or none at all..the ones who have the error has windows7 installed..anyone have any other ideas please, i have posted an url for you to see what happens, they have tried all the re-installing stuff [img]http://www.raycar.dsl.pipex.com/nicklist.htm[/img]

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you have a script that isn't working, the script author is probably your best place to start. It sounds like the problem is entirely with the script.

Invision Support
R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
actually its my script... and i cant reproduce the error on my own pc (win7) or my laptop(XP) .. out of a few hundred useing the script its only about four ppl who get this happening .. this is the reason why i posted here because i thought maybe someone else may have the same thing happening
....ty

Last edited by Rickdangerpus; 18/09/11 02:25 PM.
R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
hello i'm still around and the problem still exists for the NO NICKLIST in a certain room ..sometimes two lists appear but are all buggy not useable but if you go into another room its ok
i'd love to find out because its not my script thats doing it but for some ppl it happens ,, because it wont happen to mine i cant possibly find out why.. any help appreciated thnxxx

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
What's the problem exactly? It looks like the problem was the auto-hide feature that was enabled, if those people turn off the auto hide setting for all windows (as stated previously in this post, they might want to delete the whole [nicklist] section in mirc.ini, but I'd suggest they try with a complete new install of mIRC), doesn't that resolve the issue?
Quote:
sometimes two lists appear but are all buggy not useable but if you go into another room its ok
If you cannot reproduce the problem, ask the people to install mIRC in a new directory without loading any script, see if they can reproduce the problem.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard