mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
D
At present I have a bot that works on any channel, any server. The problem is it doesn't work completely on a server different from it's home server; irc.esper.net versus irc.sorcery.net; the problem is the limited ability of the join command, and the inability to set the focus(that I know of) on a server window. Basically, it loops through a tokenized list of channels and joins each one, but since there is no way to switch the server without manually clicking the status window, I don't really have any choice of how to make the bot process these joins. Any ideas would be appreciated, including points to some extension.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can activate status windows using: /window -a "Status Window"

To activate one on another connection, you can use /scon N /window -a "Status Window"

where N is the number of the network you want to access.

That being said, I think what you are actually wanting is the /server command itself. /server allows you to join channels...

/server irc.network.net -j #chan,#chan2,#chan3

Or, you can use an on CONNECT event that checks $network and joins specific channels based on what the result of $network is. Either option is better than activating status windows.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard