mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
Hi,

One network I use offers 'hostmasks' or cloaks to users. The network will not reveal the IP addresses of participating users to others. To facilitate this, the network sends a special numeric message to the user when the cloak is applied; it is not applied immediately on connection. On occasion, there can be a moderate delay between those two events.

I would like to know if there is some way to intercept join instructions when I issue them from the Favorites menu, or if possible when I issue some other alias for join, in order to cancel them if I have not received the cloak application message.

Thanks as always.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Most networks that I've come across that use something like this send the message as a notice. Thus having a script that uses the ON NOTICE event to track if the numeric has been received or not, and the ON JOIN event to check if the numeric has been noted by the ON NOTICE event would be my suggestion.
I believe you would still be able to join the channels using your Favorites, but if you have commands in the Perform section, then this should replace them as the Perform section commands are issued before the scripts are checked.

Link Copied to Clipboard