Print Thread
#233532 22/08/11 06:42 PM
X
xontrol Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
X
Currently there are some options for DCC Send (fill spaces, and also fast send, packet size and minimize) that are in the DCC Send dialog, which I think is cumbersome because they can't be changed without actually sending a file.

In my opinion the general mIRC Options dialog would be a better place for these.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Although I've found them to be "cumbersome" there as well, consider that anyone not using a script to send a file is probably going to be using that dialog. So it makes sense to have those items there. For those using scripts for sending files, the script could easily add those options right into the script and then you don't need access to them.

I think they are in a good spot, but I wouldn't mind either option.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I agree with this, I found it weird that these "options" weren't actually located in the options dialogs either.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
X
xontrol Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
X
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Although I've found them to be "cumbersome" there as well, consider that anyone not using a script to send a file is probably going to be using that dialog. So it makes sense to have those items there. For those using scripts for sending files, the script could easily add those options right into the script and then you don't need access to them.

I think they are in a good spot, but I wouldn't mind either option.

I usually send files by dragging and dropping instead of using the DCC send dialog, and I'm sure there are others who do it like that as well.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ah, I forgot about that method since I rarely send files out without a script. Good point then and I agree it should get moved.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I agree as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard