mIRC Homepage
Posted By: xontrol DCC Fill Spaces option - 22/08/11 06:42 PM
Currently there are some options for DCC Send (fill spaces, and also fast send, packet size and minimize) that are in the DCC Send dialog, which I think is cumbersome because they can't be changed without actually sending a file.

In my opinion the general mIRC Options dialog would be a better place for these.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: DCC Fill Spaces option - 22/08/11 11:05 PM
Although I've found them to be "cumbersome" there as well, consider that anyone not using a script to send a file is probably going to be using that dialog. So it makes sense to have those items there. For those using scripts for sending files, the script could easily add those options right into the script and then you don't need access to them.

I think they are in a good spot, but I wouldn't mind either option.
Posted By: argv0 Re: DCC Fill Spaces option - 23/08/11 12:25 AM
I agree with this, I found it weird that these "options" weren't actually located in the options dialogs either.
Posted By: xontrol Re: DCC Fill Spaces option - 23/08/11 06:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Although I've found them to be "cumbersome" there as well, consider that anyone not using a script to send a file is probably going to be using that dialog. So it makes sense to have those items there. For those using scripts for sending files, the script could easily add those options right into the script and then you don't need access to them.

I think they are in a good spot, but I wouldn't mind either option.

I usually send files by dragging and dropping instead of using the DCC send dialog, and I'm sure there are others who do it like that as well.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: DCC Fill Spaces option - 23/08/11 10:20 AM
Ah, I forgot about that method since I rarely send files out without a script. Good point then and I agree it should get moved.
Posted By: RoCk Re: DCC Fill Spaces option - 23/08/11 12:59 PM
I agree as well.
© mIRC Discussion Forums