mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
I'm working on a couple of scripts right now, thankfully having the same basic framework, but I ran into an issue. I'm trying to write to an ini somewhat like this:
.writeini blah.ini $nick lines +1

where it would write to an ini named blah, the section name would be the nickname that created the event, the variable would be "lines", and it would take a 0 and turn it into a 1, or turn a 1 into a 2, etc. basically, counting each time someone created a text event and recording it.

Also would need help reading the .ini. I'm pretty new to scripting. I just can't figure out how to use variables in the command.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can't just increment a number in a file like that. You have to first read in the current number, then increment it and write back the incremented number.

Code:
  var %value = $readini(blah.ini,$nick,lines)
  inc %value
  writeini -n blah.ini $nick lines %value

Now, you can of course increment the value right in the var line or in the writeini line. This just breaks it down so you can see the process.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Thanks a ton! So, here's the technical part. How would I read back the 5 highest incremented numbers out of an .ini?

Last edited by MadSc13n41s4; 10/08/11 04:33 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
To my knowledge you'd have to read them all, then sort them, probably using /filter

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The best option is to keep track of which are the top 5 instead of trying to figure it out when reading the file. Another option is to use a hash table instead of an ini file and then you can save and filter it and quickly find out the top 5 or 10 or whatever without having to keep constant track of who is top.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
Originally Posted By: MadSc13n41s4
Thanks a ton! So, here's the technical part. How would I read back the 5 highest incremented numbers out of an .ini?

here's a simple and quick method:

Code:
; /top5

alias top5 {

if ($window(@top5)) window -c @top5
  window -h @top5

var %i = 1
  while ($ini(blah.ini, %i)) {
    aline @top5 $v1 $+ : $readini(blah.ini, $v1, lines)
    inc %i
  }

filter -wwteuc 2 32 @top5 @top5

var %i = 1, %out
  while (%i <= 5) {
    %out = %out $+ , $line(@top5, %i)
    inc %i
  }

window -c @top5
  echo -eag $mid(%out, 3)
}

first add nick & line values to a window named @top5 using a loop with $ini / $readini, sort that window with /filter, then collect the first 5 lines with a second loop.

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde

Link Copied to Clipboard