#233205 19/07/11 12:37 PM
S
Suraya Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Hi,

I have been an mirc user for the past twelve years. I removed the programme when i was clearing my pc. When i try reinstalling it (v7.19), it installs but incorrectly. The tabs on the left hand corner which exist are: file, view, favourites, tools, window and help. The command tab doesn't seem to exist, and I am unable to perform any commands without manually typing them out.

I have tried deleting it and reinstalling it several times and I would like to find out if there is a solution for this issue smile

Thanks

Life is too short to have enemies.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Thinking about it, the last time I remember seeing a command tab was back in version 4.x
That said, I believe the command tab you are referring to has been removed or moved.
You might try right clicking on a nick and/or in a channel and seeing if the command(s) you are looking for show up there.
If they do, then the command tab is now referred to as a right click menu.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your popups.ini file is not loaded. For some reason, this happens to some people during install. In fact, it just happened to me when installing mIRC 7.19 here to test it. To fix the issue, press Alt-R, then click the Popups tab. In the View menu are the different sections. You will need to do the following for each item in the View menu.

Go to the File menu and choose Load. Choose Popups.ini. If you installed to c:\program files\mIRC\, then it will be located in c:\program files\mIRC\defaults\scripts\ . Repeat for each item in the View menu. Then press OK and it you will have the right click menus and the commands menu.

@RusselB: The Commands menu is part of Popups.ini. It is there as long as you have something in the Menu Bar section of Popups (you can change the name from Commands to something else if desired).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard