mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#232952 01/07/11 03:08 PM
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
I'm looking for a way to reroute the server messages to appear in other windows.
I know in the options I can set them to show in the Status area. But for me, this isn't as useful. I join multiple channels, and sometimes would like to know when a user has returned, without having to wade through a clumped together list.

But at the same time, I'd rather not have it constantly popping up in the channel itself.

My version of mIRC currently has three windows.
On the left is a tree.
Status
|_Channel: #
| |_channel 1
| |_channel 2
| |_channel 3
|
|_Query: #
| |_nickname
|
|_Window: #
|_server.1

What would be nice, is to insert a custom part to this, between where Query and Window are.

It could be named "Users" or whatever, with the same # setup for whatever might be opened in there.

What I would like is that when a user Joins, Parts, or Quits in a channel I have opened under the Channel area, it is halted from showing in that window, and instead is routed to view in the new area.

So if I'm on channel XYZ, the layout would look something like:

Channel: 1
#XYZ

Users: 1
XYZ

Window: 1
server.1

With the XYZ Users bit showing only the Joins/Parts/Quits/Nick Changes from the XYZ channel.

I'm pretty sure this is vastly over my head to do by myself, without someone guiding my initial steps.
I know in the help menu it shows how you can halt stuff. Just not what would be required to reroute it.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
What you are asking for currently is not possible in mIRC.
I suggest that you post a request in the Feature Suggestions forum requesting the ability to script to the Treebar

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, it is almost possible. You can create a window that appears under each network that could have that information. It's not all grouped together, but it's almost the same.

Code:
network_1
|- Channel
  |- #channel_1
  |- #channel_2
|-Window
  |- channel_1
  |- channel_2
network_2
|- Channel
  |- #channel_1
  |- #channel_2
|-Window
  |- channel_1
  |- channel_2

Still, more scripting options for the treebar isn't a bad thing. Or even scriptable control of both treebar and switchbar to move channels/windows around, add or remove divider bars, etc.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard