Print Thread
B
Bjornv Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
B
Hi,

Often, I'm in a very active IRC channel where I'm especially interested in what one person has to say.

In mIRC, there is an option called "nick color", which changes the color of someone's nickname when that person talks. What I would like to have is that instead of only a nickname color change, a whole line color change, as with normal highlights.

Is it possible to highlight lines a certain person says?

Thanks

Last edited by Bjornv; 01/06/11 08:10 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try this (untested):

Code:
on ^*:text:*:#: {
  if ($nick == SOMENICK) { echo -tlbmf $chan 00,12 $+ $strip($1-) | haltdef }
}

That will remove any color/bold/etc that the person uses, but guarantees that the line color will always be there. If you want to let the person use color/bold/etc at the possible cost of losing the line color partway through the line, then you can use this instead:

Code:
  if ($nick == SOMENICK) { echo -tlbmf $chan 00,12 $+ $1- | haltdef }
}

Replace SOMENICK with the person's nick, and adjust the color codes to whatever you want. You can also adjust the echo switches if you don't need/want everything that is there.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Just for fun,

Code:
/writeini colors.ini list <nickname> <color1-16>

colors.ini
[list]
Nickname1=3
Nickname2=4

Code:
  if ($readini(colors.ini,list,$nick)) { echo -tlbmf $chan $+(,$ifmatch) $+ ,12 $+ $1- | haltdef }
}

This will allow you to set different colors for different nicknames. The colors are based off of the mirc 16 colors. The "12" is the background color that you can change as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard