mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Hi, first i would say sorry for my bad english.
im having problem with mirc crashing since the first unicode version.... it keep crashing at random timing... like sometime it may crash after 30 min, sometime it crash after 3-4 hours
im running the script peace&protection so i was thinking that it may be the cause but i talked with someone who use it and have no prob... with windows 7 64 bit like me
when my mirc crash the quit that people see on irc is input/output error
i tryed to log with /debug -pt debug.log but i see nothing interesting in the log
so if anyone have an idea why it's happening let me know
if im able to fix that problem i'll register mirc:P
im currently trying to run an mirc without any script.... from another folder... just to see if it will also crash
i would like to know if something deeper than /debug exist...
so maybe i could see where is the probleme.... like maybe a software that i can install that watch mirc process .. i don't know
thanks for your help
http://i54.tinypic.com/2cctppv.png
added a picture so you know what kind of crash happens... grabbed this from google image

Last edited by SiD69; 12/05/11 06:36 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
To get some basic idea about your installation with P&P loaded, could you give us the result of this command?
Code:
//echo -a $os $version $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
7 7.19 7dce14f036cb1767f991704e9477151a ok 4 29 0 0
p.s i disabled the utf-8 encoding to see if it keep crash.. pnp loaded.
the fresh mirc version with no script have still not crashed

i added a picture so you can see what kind of crash is happening.
grabbed it from google image
i'll past it there also
it won't find any solution

http://i54.tinypic.com/2cctppv.png

Last edited by SiD69; 12/05/11 06:39 AM.
S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
the mirc without any script won't crash... but i would like to know what in PnP make mirc.exe crash like that:|
here is the event log of windows

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-05-12T14:09:05.000000000Z

EventRecordID 3508

Channel Application

Computer Quad

Security

- EventData

mirc.exe
4d749f82
mirc.exe
4d749f82
c0000005
000fb454
01cc1064a46baabe
C:\Users\SiD\Desktop\PnP\mirc.exe
C:\Users\SiD\Desktop\PnP\mirc.exe
6509323e-7ca1-11e0-b1d6-00191549f746

Last edited by SiD69; 12/05/11 04:12 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Most crashes like that are related to DLLs. That would be a good place to start. Maybe see if the people who made the script can figure out what the problem is.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
the only dll's that i have in my mirc folder are libeay32.dll
and ssleay32.dll

and im talking another guy who run PnP with theses dll and have no crash

Last edited by SiD69; 12/05/11 05:25 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just because someone else doesn't crash doesn't mean it isn't the fault of the script or DLLs. As you have seen, you don't crash without the script, yet others don't crash with it. It's the same for DLLs. Any installed software or hardware could cause a conflict that causes the crash when the DLL is used on yours and because another person has a different setup, it doesn't crash for them.

Invision Support
S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
so i can't fix it?
then i'll stick to mirc 6.35 smirk

Last edited by SiD69; 13/05/11 05:19 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your options would include getting in touch with the people who made the script and see if they can find and fix the problem, not using the script (there are others out there), or using 6.35.

Invision Support
S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
ok, i was running mirc 7.19, without any script, no problem with only 1 network connected
if i connect 2 network... by that i mean 2 connection
mirc will crash after X hours

Last edited by SiD69; 19/07/11 04:10 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
On your version without any scripts, can you type this again and paste the results here?

Code:
//echo -a $os $version $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

As far as finding out why it's crashing after awhile when connected to more than one network, that probably will be extremely difficult to track down if you aren't able to find any way to reproduce it on demand. Many users have it running 24/7 with multiple networks and don't crash, so it is probably something specific to your system (hardware, software that is running, drivers, etc) that is conflicting with mIRC. Options in that case would be updating all drivers and to try with all software closed besides mIRC and see if it crashes. Other software or utilities (or even viruses) can cause unrelated programs to crash through no fault of the program that's crashing. If it still crashes with nothing else running and all new drivers, then I'm not sure what to suggest from there.

You could also try one of the other recent versions and see if only 7.19 gives you the problem or if all 7.x versions do. If it's only 7.19, that helps narrow the problem down for Khaled.

It would also be good to try and determine what might be related. Are you doing anything in mIRC or just idling? If you join an empty channel on each network and don't join other channels, does it crash? If you connect to two different networks (not the ones you already tried), do you crash? There have been bugs in the past where a person could force your mIRC to crash and it's possible that an unknown bug has been found and someone's targeting you on one of the networks you were testing it on. By trying on different networks, you remove that as a possibility. Keep track of how long after connecting that you crash and see if it's the same amount of time each time or if it varies. If you have logging enabled with timestamps, it makes it easy to find out when you connected and when mIRC crashed. Beyond that, just try different things and see if you can find any other useful information that might make it easier to track down the problem. Unless you can find something that helps with that or if Khaled can reproduce it, finding the problem is just not going to be easy.

* For all testing, please do it without any scripts/DLLs/etc loaded.

Invision Support
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I find that unlikely. How long did you test 1 network? How long did you test 2?

Were they SSL connections?

List the command given above.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
just wanted to let you know that with mirc 7.25 it seems like it doesnt crash anymore. I'll let you know if I finnaly hot a crash

Link Copied to Clipboard