mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
I'm using mIRC version 7.19, and whenever I attempt to play an mp3, mIRC freezes. I'm running 64 bit Windows 7, and just switched over from an older computer about a week ago.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Any mp3? A specific mp3? Only mp3s? What about wavs?

Need more info.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Usually when I see this issue, it's due to a MP3 with corrupted ID3 tags. Get a free ID3 tag editor and remove the tags from the file and try playing it again. You can then add them back yourself if you want to.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Can you upload a/the mp3 file that crash mirc ?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
The problem occurs when I try to play any mp3, but wavs work just fine. I searched and found a user that was having the opposite problem, so they just converted their wavs to mp3s, but this solution isn't practical for me. The mp3s all worked in mIRC on my old computer, but for some reason, it locks up mIRC on my new computer when I attempt to play them.

Last edited by RShackle; 13/04/11 06:49 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Did you read the advice given by Riamus?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Yeah, I tried stripping out the ID3 tag data, but it still has the same problem.

T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
You made a manual play using mirc commands or are you using an addon?
If you are using an addon, try a diferent one.

Last edited by tontito; 22/04/11 12:43 AM.
T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
I have had serious issues with mirc crashing on sound events in my 64 win 7 OS that did not happen on another 32 bit win 7 OS.

I messed with it until i discovered that I had multiple sound events firing on the same trigger. Example would be if someone said my nick name then under Highlight from Alt-n and Highlight settings would fire a sound event on my nick and I also had a script file that did a /sound event on my nick also. This would crash it no mater what the sound file format was and removing mp3 tags mad no difference at all. I tested wav and mp3.

The only fix was to remove the multiple events and only have one sound event fire. Good Luck.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the bug report, unfortunately I am unable to reproduce this issue here under Windows 7 64bit with the latest release version of mIRC v7.25.

The following script looks in your sounds folder for wav files and plays up to 10 files almost simultaneously. If you add the following script to your aliases section and then run it with the command /test, are you able to reproduce the crash?

Code:
test {
  var %dir = $mircdir $+ sounds
  var %n = $findfile(%dir, *.wav, 0)
  if (%n > 10) %n = 10
  var %m = 1
  var %d = 100
  while (%m <= %n) {
    var %file = $findfile(%dir, *.wav, %m)
    timer -m 1 %d /splay %file
    inc %d 100
    inc %m
  }
}

The most common cause for a crash when playing a sound is your Windows sound drivers. Some 64bit sound drivers seem to implement support for the Windows Media Control Interface (MCI) library in a way that is not reliable. Which sound card/drivers are you using? You should make sure that you update your Windows sound drivers to the latest version for your computer. You may want to try uninstalling them first through the Windows Control Panel Device Manager and then letting Windows reinstall them through Windows Update.

Link Copied to Clipboard