Print Thread
#231078 31/03/11 06:05 AM
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
Hi guys,
I have been using irc for many years and yesterday I was disconnected from my internet for a short bit then when I got it back since then I am having trouble connecting to a server. I play mostly trivia on it and Im an operator in one channel. Any help would be grateful.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It would help if you explained what exactly the problem is and what kind of error messages you are receiving in your status window.

5618 #231080 31/03/11 06:31 AM
A
OP Offline
A
The problem is that when I try to connect I get that my nick is being held by an inforcer and I have to type /msg nickserv@services.dal.net. release nick password. Then when I do that it wont connect it would just sit there. Finally when I do get on it kicks me off. It was working fine before I got kicked off the net for a short time yesterday.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That sounds like something you will need to contact the network about. If you can connect long enough to join the #help channel (if they have one), you can ask that way. Or, you can visit their website and email them from there.

The Nick being used part isn't unusual if you lose connection for a variety of reasons.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #231097 01/04/11 07:12 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I have finally managed to connect to it..but I lag so badly as the bot is on swiftco and the owner wont change it. I cant stay connected on swiftco it kicks me off. The game freezes for about two minutes after a couple of questions each time.. will the lag get better?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You would have to talk to them to find out. Maybe you should consider using a different network? Trivia is on most networks in one form or another. If nothing else, try connecting to a more reliable network and see if you have the same problems. If you do, then there's something wrong on your end (or your ISP). If not, then it's the network with the issue and either they fix it or you are stuck with it.

Invision Support
Riamus2 #231124 03/04/11 12:34 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I try using punch but its still the same.. Ive never had this problem before I was disconnected. What other connection is there?

A
OP Offline
A
Im still not able to connect when it tries to connect it says no ident response even though I did type to identify and store my password. I think this is the problem..help?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ident has nothing to do with login and password. Ident (aka Identd) requires that you have port 113 open/forwarded in any router or firewall you are using. If it is blocked, it will not be able to be sent to the server. It also needs to be enabled in mIRC's options.

Some servers require this to stop spam bots and other annoyances. If you cannot set up identd to work, you will probably need to use another network or server that doesn't require it.

Invision Support
Riamus2 #231182 07/04/11 10:44 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I also just found that in options the local host/ip adress is blank does that make a difference?

Link Copied to Clipboard