mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#230457 09/03/11 03:43 PM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
ok, It appears I am not the only one with update issues on mirc 7.19.

I upgraded, checked all the boxes to save my settings and scripts. and when I opened it, there was nothing. Everything was gone. Now Ive never considered myself a newbie after using mirc for 14 years.. but I have no idea what I did wrong.

I had to do a restore point to get my 7.17 mirc back with all my addons and snippets...

Im not going to upgrade , I will stick with 7.17

call me dumb once, but not twice.. hahaha

T

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the comment, unfortunately I am unable to reproduce this issue here. The installer for mIRC v7.19 is actually identical to that for mIRC v7.17 and the installer for all versions of mIRC does not overwrite any of your settings unless you check the boxes in the installer. Any files that it does overwrite are saved in the "backups" folder in the mIRC data folder.

Can you describe the way your mIRC is set up? Is it installed to the standard location in C:\Pprogram Files\mIRC? Is it installed as a portable application?

Also, are you able to reproduce this issue, for example if you try installing mIRC v7.19 again, does the same thing happen?

Khaled #230459 09/03/11 05:09 PM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
what I have considered doing is saving all my scripts and addons to notepad. Then totally cleaning my system of all mirc scripts which i have collected over the years. Then doing a clean install of 7.19.

It is true I have many many mirc's on my system and may old scripts which are not functioning. It may have just been too much to handle in all mess.

Do you know of any script to delete all mircs from you system??

then I can be assured there is nothing hindering the new one.

T

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you have multiple installs of mIRC, the best way to search for any existing mIRC installations is to use the search feature in Windows Explorer to look for "mirc". Be sure to enable looking in hidden and/or system folders. This should list all locations where an "mirc.exe" exists as well as all other "mIRC" folders where data is stored.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
FWIW you don't *need* to delete all mIRC's from your system to have mIRC stop using old versions. mIRC will only look for settings in %APPDATA% or the directory of the .exe file itself. If you have scripts loaded from other directories, they should be traceable through the mirc.ini file (the full path to the script will be in the file), or your "Remotes" editor (Alt+R).

Basically, if you delete the mirc.ini from the directory of the .exe file, and %APPDATA%\mIRC, you are guaranteed to have a clean install, assuming you don't run mIRC with a shortcut that has any commandline options.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #230579 15/03/11 12:00 AM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Hello again,

I did as stated above and removed every mirc on my system all the way back to version beginning in 5. ( remember the old ChristianCommand?). Anyway...

After all my scripts and version were deleted. I perform a clean install of 7.19.

Now.... I am find something still amiss. When I go to File > select server > irc > messages, and check the box to remove colors,
nothing happens.

Could this be a bug or a script issue?

I hate colors, they give me a headache.

DeeperStill

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: DeeperStill
Now.... I am find something still amiss. When I go to File > select server > irc > messages, and check the box to remove colors,
nothing happens.

Could this be a bug or a script issue?

I hate colors, they give me a headache.

The setting works for me. Make sure "If more than: 50" is NOT checked. (It's right next to the other setting.)

Link Copied to Clipboard