Print Thread
#230431 08/03/11 08:38 AM
L
Lloyd_B Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
Has anyone else had problems with running mirc719.exe?

The reason I ask is after downloading it and running it, the process just sits in the process list and sits there. It also won't close when End Process is used. I've never had a problem with mirc install files before. Yes, I do suspect it 'might' be my own system. I already successfully upgraded on my laptop. My desktop system is the one with the problem. However, I figured I'd ask if anyone else had install file issues anyway.

If nobody has had any problems, I will most likely just reinstall my OS. It's good to get a clean slate once in awhile anyway.

Lloyd
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
No problems here

I am SReject
My Stuff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sometimes anti-virus or firewall software may incorrectly think that mIRC or the mIRC installer contains a trojan/virus when it does not and will block it from either running or from connecting to the internet. This is called a false-positive and usually happens when the anti-virus or firewall software is not aware of a new version of mIRC. You would need to check your anti-virus or firewall software to make sure that it is updated to the latest signatures and possibly to change their settings to allow the new version of the mIRC installer and/or mIRC to run correctly.

L
Lloyd_B Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
Khaled,

Hehe, thanks for the info. I temporarily disabled my anti-virus and changed my firewall settings for mIRC and it finally installed as it should. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I'll remember it for next time.

Lloyd

Link Copied to Clipboard