mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
G_Flex Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
I'm getting strange inconsistencies in how some unicode glyphs are rendered in mIRC.

Refer to this comparative example:

Two sets of two lines each. The upper set and lower set should look exactly the same; they're the same exact characters, being read in by mIRC from the same file. As you can see, however, the lower examples use some different glyphs and have anti-aliasing/font-smoothing applied. This inconsistency occurs despite no changes in configuration on my system whatsoever, or even rebooting (in some cases). Unfortunately, I have no way of reproducing this behavior on command.

If it matters, the font I use is Fixedsys Excelsior 3.01, and I'm running Windows XP.

Last edited by G_Flex; 19/01/11 06:34 AM.
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Please upgrade to the latest version of mIRC (7.17) to see if you still experience the problem.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you use a different font, do you have the same problems? There are certain situations where fonts can mess up and maybe that's what is happening.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
G
G_Flex Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Update: For what it's worth, text also renders very differently between the editbox and the chat window. I see no reason why this should be the case for any font.

Certain characters (especially fullwidth characters) appear larger and wider in the editbox, and right-to-left text markers function in the editbox but not the chat window.

I know the likely response is "it's the font", but how is it possible? Why would there be such a difference between the two text fields?

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Originally Posted By: G_Flex
Update: For what it's worth, text also renders very differently between the editbox and the chat window. I see no reason why this should be the case for any font.

See the last paragraph of this post.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard