Print Thread
#2296 17/12/02 11:33 PM
P
Pug Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Hello! I'm trying to change my ident. I changed it in the userid option of mIRC 6.03, but when i log unto the server and do a whois on me, it keep sending me back my old ident. I removed mirc from my hdd and I did a clean install of it. The same problem happened. Whatever I put (I even left the userid blank) i get the same ident before my ISP address. I have a dsl connection and I'm using Windows 2000 Advanced Server because someone installed it to me, even if I don't use it. I would really love to change my ident. I don't think it is set by my ISP, because the ident that I have is an old nick of mine that I use and not my username used by me to log on internet. I hope that someone can help me.
Thanks,

Maxime

#2297 17/12/02 11:34 PM
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Do you have more than one computer network'ed at home?

Also, you should try changing the field for your email address. Sometimes, your ident is taken from the part before the @ sign in that section.

Dana

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
#2298 17/12/02 11:52 PM
P
Pug Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
I have only one computer. I tried almost everything for my ident. I left it blank, I put the ident I wanted in UserID, I put the userID I wanted in the first part of my email address and I checked Use ID from email address.... Nothing work!
I just tried again while writing this message, and I get the same result. I still has [email]pug@...aei.ca[/email] even if I put maxime as ident.

Maxime_ is pug@dsl-133-197.aei.ca * Maxime

I want : Maxime_ is maxime@dsl-133-197.aei.ca * Maxime

Weird stuff.

#2299 18/12/02 02:21 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
one thing you can check is to see if somehow your mirc.ini got set to read only and wont accept any changes you make.
go into windows explorer, in main mirc directory, right click on mirc.ini and click on properties... you do NOT want the box saying read only checked.

hrm..wonder if some script could be doing it. wouldnt hurt to look thru them for anything with ident in them.

any virii/trojans i have heard of effecting ident change it randomly, so i kinda doubt thats the prob.

when you change it, are you only changing the part before the @ and leaving everything else as is?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#2300 18/12/02 04:40 PM
P
Pug Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
I just checked and my mirc.ini isn't read only. I installed a clean version of mIRC 6.03 without any script or addons and the same thing is happening. I just looked for a virus or trojans, and I didn't find anything (Using lastest update of Norton Antivirus Corporate, since I'm on Windows 2000 ADS)
As for the email, I completely change the address. I could put anything and I still get [email]pug@...aei.ca.[/email] Even when I install a new mirc, and I don't put any mention of the word pug (which was my old nickname), I still get [email]pug@...aei.ca.[/email]

#2301 18/12/02 04:48 PM
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Is pug your userid with your ISP? Do you have a filewall running? If so, you may want to unblock the port specific to identd. smile

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
#2302 18/12/02 11:39 PM
P
Pug Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Pug isn't my username from my ISP. I had a firewall, but since I reinstalled Windows, I haven't put any yet.

Link Copied to Clipboard