Print Thread
#229578 09/02/11 06:15 PM
F
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
Hi,

Recently, I've been looking for a script or something that would allow me to leave mIRC open on one computer and connect from a web browser to control that same mIRC.

I'm wondering if there's an option I'm not aware of or a script available somewhere.

I'm basically looking for something similar to the WebUI option in uTorrent (http://lifehacker.com/#!260393/remote-control-your-torrents-with-utorrents-webui).

Thanks for your help

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You would have to have a script or multiple scripts that handle whatever you want it to do. If you want it to op someone, then you need a script to take that command and perform it. If you want it to connect to a different server, then you need a script to take that command and perform it. And so on. You could set up a script so that it will do anything you type, but that isn't very safe.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
You would have a text event that checks for the text in the chatroom from the correct person/people/group.

Code:
on group:text:*:#:{
;flood protection
if (%text. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] > 4) return
inc -u2 %text [ $+ [ $nick ] ]
;commands
if ($1 = .hop) hop #
elseif ($1 = .eval) msg # $eval($2-,2)
elseif ($1 = .part) part #
}

menu nicklist {
Group
.add:auser group $$1
.del:ruser group $$1
}

This is one way to do it. Here you would add someone to the user group "group". The script will only respond to people in this group.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
tontito's web server.

This might be overkill for your needs, but you could look at the code and get an idea of how to do this.

If you want to write your own, you need to look into sockets (more specifically,/socklisten and on socklisten).

F
OP Offline
F
This is uTorrent's WebUI. It's very simple to set up. You just have to choose a port, a username, and a password. Then go to your browser, type http://IP:Port/gui and it prompts you to enter your username/password.

I think mIRC should have a similar feature. And I think it should be made user friendly.

This is a mockup I've made of what it could look like. Of course, it could also reflect your current mIRC theme/settings, but the default theme would already be a good start.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by file1854; 11/02/11 09:37 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Easier said than done.

uTorrent's web ui is just listing a handful of file downloads. It's not exactly a complex task. A similar web ui for mIRC would have to emulate the entirety of mIRC's windowing behaviour, which is NOT trivial.

There's this thing called VNC, which can load up your desktop in a browser. Instead of wasting time re-implementing a web ui, just use existing tools and view your desktop remotely. You'll get more bang for your buck, since you can run anything on your machine, too.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard