Print Thread
#228944 16/01/11 10:21 PM
L
LanTec Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
I recently reconfigured my dual monitor setup to move monitor 1 on the right. Monitor 2 would then contain my mirc channel windows(I have 4 channels open on the desktop) I moved my Taskbar to monitor 2 as well. Running mIRC 7.17

The problem is that all my mirc windows want to open on monitor one even after using position > saveall. In fact, they quickly flash on M2 where they should be and then show on M1. The mirc main window runs in compact mode and always opens at the bottom left of M1 no matter where I close it and the options window always opens there as well. The channel windows seem to accept the vertical placement as they open near the top, just not the horizontal placement.

It's not a deal breaker...it just means that every time I restart I have to manually place the windows back on monitor 2....it's just a PITA.

I've got the latest updates for my video card. I've gone as far as to uninstall/reinstall to see if there was carry over from a previous version. No dice.

Running software include Dopus, Windowblinds, Core Temp, Setpoint all latest versions.

Hardware.....
Cooler Master HAF 932
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.6
Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz E0 3.40Ghz OC'ed
w/ Cooler Master V-8
XFX Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5
Dual Dell 2001FP's at 1600x1200
(8GB) 4x2GB G. Skill DDR2 1066
Corsair 750W PSU Single Rail
(3) WD 640GB Caviar Black HDD
(1) WD 500GB Caviar Black HDD
Samsung 22X DVD Burner SATA
Logitech G-9 Razer
Saitek Eclipse II

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I have mIRC properly saving/loading my channels across multiple monitors just fine. My mIRC runs on my second monitor. I just tested this with desktop windows / compact mode, and everything works there too.

Are you by any chance running any scripts?

What does the following line give you if you run it in mIRC?

Code:
//echo -a $os $version $beta $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I remember someone else having a similar problem, but they found out it was a setting on their computer causing the problem. Unfortunately, I don't remember what setting they had to change.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
I remember someone else having a similar problem, but they found out it was a setting on their computer causing the problem. Unfortunately, I don't remember what setting they had to change.

Short search: https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=8&Number=226692

And looks like the same Problem his GFX Card is a ATI too.

one step closer to world domination
L
LanTec Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
results.....

7 7.17 7683908b23e2cfd3ed883d5daf3eacae ok 1 0 0

I think it has to do with the negative values for the horizontal position.

edit: No scripts on the fresh install.

Last edited by LanTec; 17/01/11 05:49 PM.
L
LanTec Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
I checked that thread as well. I cannot find a similar setting in the Catalyst Control Center for dialogs. In fact, it made me suspicious of the logitech software for my mouse and I checked to see if it had any dialog control and it doesn't.

L
LanTec Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
I swapped monitors so that monitor 1 is on the left and made monitor 2 the "Primary" monitor. I then dragged the taskbar back on to monitor one...

it worked the first time I opened mIRC but not after that.

Last edited by LanTec; 17/01/11 06:51 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the bug report, unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far. I tested under three different notebooks, which use either Nvidia or Intel chipsets, and with different positions for the primary and secondary monitors.

You say that the windows open on the correct monitor initially but then move to the other monitor. This does seem to indicate that mIRC is opening them in the correct location and that your graphics software is relocating the windows. Perhaps it is doing so because it assumes that most applications are not multi-monitor aware. This is just a guess though.

Link Copied to Clipboard