Print Thread
#228571 31/12/10 04:15 AM
T
Talon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
I'm usually on about 14+ networks in which i usually have one or more channels open. as activity highlights one of my treebar items I click on it to see whats new, I can't seem to pinpoint a way to duplicate this issue every time but on occasion it seems when i click a treebar item it gets selected, but doesn't switch the active mdi child window to the appropriate window.

I'm running the latest mIRC (7.17), and its practically vanilla (plain fresh install) except for two remotes to add a splash of colors to the default text layouts < and > characters. This issue still happens even with /remote off so I know its not script related.

I've taken a screenshot of this bug showing a selected item in the treebar being an alternate channel than the mdi child that actually has focus and I can post a link to it if you need.

I don't know if the operating system would contribute to this problem as well, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and the bug still occurs on occasion even if mIRC is soley the only application running.

M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
I am on Windows XP SP3
mIRC 7.17
mIRC has been on for about a hour and a half when replicating this bug in the screenshots

I've also had this bug for awhile. It is hard to replicate, but it happens once or twice a day for me.

It seems to happen when I am going through multiple windows extremely fast( like 4 or 5 a second ).

14 Network Windows
50-80 channels

Had to censor out some stuff ( sorry )

http://i51.tinypic.com/1ilrvo.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/11hb4vr.jpg

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I can reproduce this consistently with:

1. Join a good number of channels (5 or so)
2. Hover your mouse over the first channel in the treebar
3. Press Ctrl+N 3-4 times fast
4. Right before the 4th/5th Ctrl+N, click the mouse (it should be hovering over a channel in the treebar)

At this point you should have a channel selected (the first one) in the treebar but a different one active (the ~4th/5th one).

However, I'm not exactly sure this is a "bug" per se. It seems like mIRC ignores clicks in the treebar if it is in the middle of activating a window-- although I don't know the specifics, there might be a good reason for this. Note that the behaviour works the same with the switchbar-- the only difference being that the switchbar does not allow selection to be changed during this window activation time frame. I guess the easiest way to "fix" the problem would be to disallow item selection during activation in the treebar as well.

Also note that there are many ways to desynch the highlighted treebar item from the active window. For instance, if you click on the treebar to activate the control and then press the arrow keys (up/down), a new item will be selected but not activated. This doesn't feel like a bug either.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Not sure if it's related, but after updating my mIRc to 7.17 this is still happening when im on 7+ networks

I am SReject
My Stuff
T
Talon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
my instance is when switching to one window argv[0] not repeditively clicking trying to cause it (which did work by the way) so your idea of it not allowing while in the middle of activating another window goes out the window on that one, a windows already active, i click to focus another one, its selected but doesnt switch.. It wasn't that i was clicking around them blindly really fast, a tab lit up, i clicked on it, the window did not switch.

Glad to hear other people have this issue tho so I know its not just me. although i seem to have it happen more frequently than others.

Link Copied to Clipboard