mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Avatron Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
A
I upgraded to mIRC 7.14 and now every time I try to run a script that requires a line to be read from a text file I get on the server window the error message " /msg: insufficient parameters (line xx, remote.ini)" or just "/msg: insufficient parameters".

I have looked in my mirc folder and I don't even have a remote.ini file!

Running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
What is line xx of remote.ini?

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
it could be that the file u are trying to access is stored with mIRC.exe where as if u are trying to read with $read(file.txt) then it's looking in ur application folder.

To fix this run mIRC with portable enabled: ("c:\path-to-mIRC\mirc.exe" -portable)

I am SReject
My Stuff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: Avatron
I have looked in my mirc folder and I don't even have a remote.ini file!

remote.ini is the script you're running that is giving you the error. Press Alt-R, make sure you're on the Remotes tab, and check the View menu for that script file. Then, check the line mentioned to find out what it's trying to do that is giving you the error.

Scripts may not be stored in your mIRC folder unless you specify that folder when saving them or if that's where you load them from. Instead, they are saved in your Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\ folder (or I believe it's Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\mIRC\ in XP or older). Username is your Windows login name and AppData or Application Data are hidden folders that you won't see unless you adjust your folder options to display hidden folders. You can just type the path into your Run box in the Start menu or from within mIRC, type: //run $mircdir

In any case, you might need to specify the path to the file you're trying to $read().

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard