mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
PoD Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
P
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but i think it would be nice to have a setting that allows mIRC to connect to multiple servers at once, as i and i'm sure many other users use different networks at the same time, it would be much easier than having to manually connect to each network that i use.

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Paste this into your remotes (Press Alt+R to open the remotes editor), edit the servers and channels as needed.
Code:
on *:start:{
  server [color:blue]irc.server.net[/color] -j [color:green]#channel1,#channel2[/color]
  server -m [color:blue]irc.fnet,com[/color] -j [color:green]#anotherchan,#channel3,#chan2[/color]
  server -m [color:blue]irc2.someserver.net[/color]-j [color:green]#chan1[/color]
}

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
When you exit mirc with 3 open multiple server connections, when you restart mirc the servers are still open

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Not without scripting it.

C
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
C
Hey I have the same problem but what if I need to register my nickname to one of those servers or to multiple servers by "msg nickserv password" before I join channels. what would I add to this line of the config...

n6=server -m irc.Global-Dimension.org 6667 -i, cX_GX cX_GX_,-j #channel

I still have a couple other servers to connect to and different nickserv passys for each.

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
You remove the -j #channel from the server command, and add an on connect script.
Code:
on *:connect:{
  if $network == Global-Dimension { identify <passwd> | join #channel }
  if $network == Another { identify <passwd> | join #chan1,#chan2 ,chan2key }
  ; etc
} 

Link Copied to Clipboard