Print Thread
#227085 24/10/10 07:18 PM
D
DJ_Sol Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
Hello, I'm watching my mIRC memory usage go up to 30Mb after idling for a little while. I was wondering if /hree freed allocated memory or if mIRC doesn't do that until it exits.

I do have a couple normal timers running as well, how much memory do these usually take?

I'm sure that people other than Khaled can answer this, but I'm not really interested in speculation. Please answer only if you know the answer for a fact.

Thank you!

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
My experience with hash tables shows that the memory used by them is freed immediately upon the completion of the execution of the /hfree command.

As to timers, sorry, I have no idea.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I guess I can respond factually, but it probably won't be accurate:

Timer structures are on the order of bytes, ie. probably around 20-30 for each timer. They each have a cid, duration, reps, the windows timer HANDLE object, the pointer to the command, and some other flags (millisecond timer, etc, though these might have already been translated). The first 4 are ints (4 bytes), the flags might be ints, bytes or even bits, depending how efficiently they're implemented. So 20 bytes at least. Probably wouldn't matter much though-- you'd need thousands of timers just to get into a kilobyte-range memory footprint, so a difference of ~10 bytes isn't going to matter much.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard