mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
craigwf Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Since installing mIRC, I would get all four channels on the network I connect to appear on the switchbar, and the first channel would be maximized. I made the mistake of clicking the cascade icon on the toolbar and now cannot disable it. All channels now open in a cascade and I have to maximize one manually (poor me!). Is there a way to turn off cascade so that things will go back to the way they were with my main channel being maximized automatically?

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Maximize the first status window and right click on the status window icon, then > position > save

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
C
craigwf Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Thanks for the attempt, but it doesn't work. When I close and then re-open mIRC it shows all the channels cascaded again.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Try Window -> Group and ensure that Cascade is unchecked in the section marked Auto

C
craigwf Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Thanks, but Cascade and all others in the Auto list are unchecked

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't know that it's possible to save the maximized setting. I know you can drag it to maximized and then save that (position > save), but that leaves the title bar for the window visible. I'm sure you could edit the window size/position in mirc.ini to the correct values to maintain the maximized setting when starting mIRC. I just end up leaving mine as-is.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
Has this problem been fixed, yet? I got a bug report with the same problem in mIRC 7.14

Gamers.IRC - The best way to use mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard