mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
HiroOo Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
H
I would like to suggest you some suggestions regarding the future of the mIRC application and the IRCd networks.

I'm an old user on DALnet IRCd network and I'm finding that the mIRC users is going down or decreasing and this might be a problem of the old technology since the people are interested into voice chatting and a live-voice-chatting stuffs.

I'm suggesting to include some voice chatting features inside the mIRC application "NOT BY ADDING A SCRIPT CODE IN THE REMOTE" BUT "Including the feature inside the mIRC application and the source codes or the scripts is ready to go and you can find the scripts on Google, Search for "mIRC voice chat" or "mIRC messenger".

Please reply me since I'm really feeling not well about the IRC future and by doing that you're helping all IRCd networks to survive.

Regards,

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
We've seen posts similar to yours for many years. Check out the stats for the top networks and you'll see that even if they are decreasing some, it's been very stable for the past couple of years. The last major drop off was about 3-4 years ago and because it was so large at that time, there was likely a reason for it. Dalnet may feel more like it's decreasing because of changes they have made there a number of years ago that are making people choose other networks. It's not IRC per se, but Dalnet's policy that has caused the decrease there.

Voice and Video chat suggestions have been made many many times. That isn't what IRC is meant for. That's what IM clients are for. IM and IRC are not the same thing and aren't required to do the same things. There are scripts that allow voice and video chatting. You can download them and as long as the other person also has the same script, you can talk that way. Otherwise, there's still IM.

Whether or not those items are added to mIRC some day, we won't know until it happens. Khaled rarely tells us what new features he's planning to add. And considering a small number of people have been asking for those features for many years and they still haven't been added, then they are probably not at the top of his list of things to add even if he does plan to add them some day.

IRC works just fine without voice or video chat features.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard