Print Thread
#226150 21/09/10 09:23 AM
T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
When I ban someone with "ban -u" it doesn't automatically unban them.
I'm sure the reason why it's not working is because im -o (chanmode), but I am oper - +o (usermode)

It seems odd that it doesn't attempt to unban when i'm oper, regardless of current channel status, when the topic in channel central is unlocked

Regards,
JD.

PS. http://www.mirc.com/forums.php is giving a HTTP 403 error at present.

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
E
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
E
This is not a mIRC bug, but related to how IRCds work.
They require the user to be at least halfop to set and remove bans.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this is due to /ban not being consistent in checking whether you are an op/oper. I have changed this behaviour for the following commands: /ban, /pop, /omsg, /onotice, /wallop. These will now check whether you are either an op or an oper.

The auto-op/voice/protect features, which trigger only if you are an op, could also be changed in the same way - however I am not sure if that would be appropriate.

Also, the @ prefix for remote events, which triggers only if you are an op, could also be made to trigger if you are an oper - however, again, I am not sure if that would be appropriate.

Ps. The website was experiencing some issues yesterday - it looks like it is back to normal :-)

T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Thanks this is due to /ban not being consistent in checking whether you are an op/oper. I have changed this behaviour for the following commands: /ban, /pop, /omsg, /onotice, /wallop. These will now check whether you are either an op or an oper.

The auto-op/voice/protect features, which trigger only if you are an op, could also be changed in the same way - however I am not sure if that would be appropriate.

I'm not sure either. I would probably say it wouldn't be.

Also, the @ prefix for remote events, which triggers only if you are an op, could also be made to trigger if you are an oper - however, again, I am not sure if that would be appropriate.

Agreed - I definitely think this one wouldn't be (the @ prefix I would expect to have an @ specifically)[/quote]

T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
Originally Posted By: enticore
This is not a mIRC bug, but related to how IRCds work.
They require the user to be at least halfop to set and remove bans.

Hi enticore,

I was specifically referring to a mIRC feature - Many servers will let an IRCoper unban a user even when they are not at least halfop in the channel

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Pertaining to whether @ should trigger for op AND oper. With the $nick identifier I can specify custom usermodes. A server I script for uses ', so to check for them I use $nick(#,$nick,').

It could be a solution to allow the prefixes to not be so fixed so that you can only use . or @ but instead be able to include non-formal usermodes. It sounds like it could cause issues or be too much of a pain to implement. But just in case I wanted to offer this idea.

Thank you.

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
I think khaled was speaking more for
on @*:....

I am SReject
My Stuff
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S

Maybe a option if you are a oper to turn it on/off? default should be off.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard