mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
subnet Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
well seems like i cant dcc send nomore with 7.1 i can send ok with all older versions. all my settings are the same whats changed in 7.1 that stops me from sending someone please help

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Have you checked your firewall programs? Most will recognize 7.1 as a different application than 6.35 (and rightfully so), so you should make sure mIRC has full permission to use the web, both incoming and outgoing.

Learning something new every day.
S
subnet Offline OP
OP Offline
S
i turned my firewall off and still the same cant send a file even to myself

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Sending files to yourself can be pretty tricky. Make sure you can't send files to other users.

EDIT: Do you get an error, or a timeout?

Last edited by Thels; 18/09/10 05:37 PM.

S
subnet Offline OP
OP Offline
S
if you cant send a file to youself then you cant send a file to anyone

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
That's not entirely correct. In order to send to yourself you need to /localinfo -h and for sending to others /localinfo -u

Options .. Connect .. Local should have Server checked for sending to others

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
S
subnet Offline OP
OP Offline
S
well thats not entierly true that you have to have server lookup to send files im usng normal lookup and sending files with every other version of mirc exept 7.1 if i choose server lookup i cant send with any version but my original problem still remains that i can send files with every version of mirc exept 7.1 is there some new setting i need to adjust im not sure what to do somebody please help

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can send to others and myself without doing anything different (no need to use /localinfo). Perhaps that has to do with the router? Perhaps related to NAT? I know some routers seem to make it more of a pain to send files to yourself. I don't know. I have 2 routers and both work fine sending to others or myself without making any changes besides just having the ports forwarded. Either way, it's usually a good idea to test sending to others before worrying about whether or not you can send to yourself.

@subnet: In most cases like yours, where one version works and the other doesn't, it's caused by some difference in your settings. Make sure that you have the ports set up to the same ones that you have forwarded in your router. If you have ports 1024-5000 set up in mIRC, then you need the same range in your router. Try disabling Randomize Ports or enabling it. Disable upnp if that is enabled, or you can try enabling it if it's disabled (not all routers work with upnp without making changes to their settings).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
I'm not saying you should never be able to DCC Send yourself.

I was merely saying that not being able to send to yourself doesn't automatically mean others aren't able to send to you, something to keep in mind.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I was responding to CtrlAltDel. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard