mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
AndyG Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
hi there, when i run mIRC it doesn't seem to log me in since i updated it to the new version. I don't remember my login details so therefore can't login but i payed for registration of IRC a while back, so i'm just wondering why it isn't logging me in since the update. It was perfectly fine beforehand.

Someone please contact me with help as to how i can correct this.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Q has nothing to do with mIRC directly.

If you're getting the registration dialog at the start, then your copy of mIRC is not registered correctly. You can also check Menu, Help, About mIRC. It should say "Registered to" at the bottom left.

Q is a Services system, probably on QuakeNet, though I don't know if any other networks run a Service called Q. If you're having problems identifying with Q, your best bet is to ask help in the #Help channel.

Learning something new every day.
A
AndyG Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
I know it doesn't, i just don't understand why iit won't log me in, and i can't remember how to edit details so i can login in the future, because i am not paying for it again. And yes, it does indeed say i am registered.

"Registered to:

Andy Gasson"

I don't know if it has anything to do with Q so i can't say yes or no sorry.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
As I just told you, Q has nothing to do with mIRC. You paid for mIRC, which is the client you are using to connect through networks such as QuakeNet.

You are not paying the networks you're connecting to. None of the money you spent on mIRC goes to QuakeNet or Q for that matter. Q is a free service.

If you have problems with Q, you should join the #Help channel and ask for help there. The people that manage Q, and thereby can solve your problem with logging into Q are there, not here. They can fix your problem.

As for your mIRC 'details' (Which, may I rephrase again, have NOTHING to do with Q), if you forgot your mIRC key, you can always retrieve it without having to purchase another copy.

Learning something new every day.

Link Copied to Clipboard